ECC & PPCD News
February 1, 2016
Important Info about Valentine's Day:
1. Valentine's Day falls on a Sunday this year, so we will celebrate on the Friday before (Feb 12)
2. Valentine's Day is NOT a school party day, which means the Valentines your child passes out need to be non-food (no candy or other food items)
3. Non-food goodies ARE allowed. Some parents send pencils, crayons, notepads, party favor toys, etc.
4. This year, we will not be making the boxes in the classroom. Instead, we are asking that you work with your child to create a Valentine box. Helpful hint: in the past, students have had many Valentines which were bigger than the traditional slit in the top of a box, so I would recommend a larger box with an opening at least the size of your child's hand. I am including some sample pictures and please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have about this activity.
5. The list of students can be found on our website. I would encourage you to have your children practice writing their name on the Valentines.
Last Week's Adventures
During Large Group Time, we practiced making our bodies into alphabet yoga poses. Students loved it!
Torn Paper Art
Did you know that tearing paper builds muscle strength used in writing? Students enjoyed tearing construction paper and gluing the pieces onto paper to make bears.
We have been doing a lot of activities practicing measuring and talking about how tall and how wide things are. Students loved building structures and then measuring them at our measuring station.
Torn Paper Art
Questions & Answers
This week's question: No questions this week