SPrEaD the word
Vol. 1 Iss. 16 (06.15.2020) COVID-19 Week 13
Data and Progress Reports
Data Collection is COMPLETE!
You've all worked so hard to implement remote data collection tools and systems. Well done! You are officially done with collecting the data. Now it's time to summarize it and document it in the final progress report of the 2019-2020 school year.
All PK-12 Progress Reports are due June 22 by 12 noon
Please remember to:
- Track completion of Progress reports on the tracking document (see below***)
- Post progress reports
- Email them directly to families
Clerks will print and file.
***To assist clerks in ensuring that all progress reports have been completed and emailed to families, I have created a "Progress Report Tracking Document" for each building. Each document contains a separate sheet for each grade level. Case Managers/Liaisons will need to add their students' names and goal areas to the document. On each document and on each sheet, I have included an example. (I know that we have created numerous tracking documents. I appreciate you all entering the required information. I do think these will be helpful for us as we begin to return to the buildings and put student files back together.)
Progress Report Tracking Documents
Language for Progress Reports
We had been told that DESE was going to provide additional guidance on this topic. However, they have not. Fortunately, our law office provided its member districts with sample language to consider and/or use as a starting point. It is important to document all offers of services and efforts and any hindering factors. I have reviewed the suggestions provided to us. Please use the attached resource to assist you in writing your progress reports.
Thank you to Mary, Kristie, Moreen, and Christine for completing the N1s. Thank you to Amanda, Mary, and Wendy for working diligently to email these to families. Thank you to Lynn Isaacson for assisting Kristie with preschool and kindergarten. #teamwork
All IRLPs must be uploaded to Aspen. Per the April 27th edition of "SPrEaD the word," this is to be done by the case manager/liaison. Uploading the IRLPs is done the same way one would upload an evaluation report. I have also included the directions below:
Google Slides Step by Step How to Upload/Download Files to Aspen
Screencastify: Saving the IRLP as a PDF and Uploading to Aspen
All IRLPs are to be uploaded no later than Wednesday, June 10th.
Extended School Year
Summer IRLPs due to Kristie by June 22 at 3pm
What does this look like?
- Here is the list of students who will be participating remotely.
- ESY IRLPs only need to be developed for those participating in ESY remote learning.
- Case managers/related service providers will take the current IRLP and make a copy of it.
- The copy is to be renamed "Student Name ESY IRLP" and shared with Kristie Barry-Ayres (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- This version will be updated by the ESY teacher.
- These will not be finalized until we have all staff and groupings finalized, but if we can have them 50% ready, the lift will be much easier for all. What does 50% ready look like: making the copy, renaming it, removing general education teachers' contact information, removing the link to the grade level remote learning plan, and removing the schedule.
ESY will continue REMOTELY
The Special Education ESY program will run remotely Mondays through Thursdays, beginning Monday, July 6th and ending on Thursday, August 6th. Staff working in the substantially separate elementary program will work Monday, July 6th through Thursday, August 13th. All staff hours will be 9:00 am to 12:00pm. There will be no additional hours for bus or lunch monitors. Additionally, there will be no stipends for toileting.
Kristie Barry-Ayres will serve as the ESY Director and Peggy Brown will serve as the ESY Clerk. Staff assignment letters will be out this evening and tomorrow. Kristie will be holding a brief, mandatory meeting on Thursday, June 18th at 2:45 PM via Zoom for all ESY staff. She will be sending an email out with more information. Please note all ESY staff will be paid 30 minutes for participation in this meeting. ESY teaching staff will be compensated an additional 2.5 hours to complete the ESY Individualized Remote Learning. This includes filling in the schedule grid for services and forwarding completed documents to Kristie and the families. Please bring any and all questions on Thursday.
Liaisons and Case Managers: It is my hope that the ESY teachers will be able to connect with the current liaison for information to further support students during the continued remote learning. I do realize this is not ideal timing for many reasons. We are doing the best we can. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.
END OF YEAR REMINDERS
- Post all Progress Reports
- Email Progress reports to families
- Update IRLPs for students attending ESY and share with Kristie
All Special Education Department Staff:
- Update caseload documents
- Finalize remote learning service delivery logs. These will be printed and filed.
THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS
Pat: thank you for all you have done to support our students and our department. On behalf of the Special Education Department, congratulations! Enjoy not having to set an alarm and work through a day of bells, timelines, due dates, alphabet soup (IEPs, FAPE, LRE, ASD, SLD, SLP, IRLP, the list goes on) and remote learning. You will be missed!