Sabrina's Coaching Corner
Keeping Scott teachers in the KNOW!
February 17, 2016
Happy 23rd Week of School!
Please read the district & campus news below. As always, let me know if you have any questions or would like to meet.
I really enjoyed learning and collaborating with you all on Monday. Thank you for making it such a wonderful day of learning!
- You can click here to read some important teacher behaviors to be mindful of when teaching students to read closely.
- Click here to see some examples of close reading annotations.
- Here is a helpful visual from Stephanie Harvey for Close Reading. It includes a graphic organizer students can use to record their thinking during each reading of the text. Please keep in mind that a student's annotations/jotted thoughts should make sense and be meaningful to THEM. The goal is to deepen each individual student's comprehension, so there is no set formula.
ELAR Professional Learning
- Kindergarten - April 1, 2016
- First Grade - March 25, 2016
- Second Grade - March 18, 2016
- Third Grade - February 26, 2016
- Fourth Grade - February 19, 2016
4th Grade: (Note from Coordinators)
We are excited about the professional learning scheduled for Friday, February 19th from 7:20-8:20 AM. Please remember to bring a technology device and an example/artifact of how you have used the ELAR cluster pre-assessments to create CFAs. We will share ideas and reflect on our learning.
*Please be prepared to answer the following question about your artifact:
- How has this artifact allowed for targeted differentiation for students?
- What is the evidence of student learning from your artifact?
- How is student growth measured and celebrated with this artifact?
Please park in the back parking lot closest to the training rooms (between admin building and CTE). This will allow you to enter through the back of the admin building. The doors in the front do not open until 7:30 AM.
- Needing an intervention for a student struggling in math? Look back in past clusters to find lessons under the "Teacher Table" and/or "Strategy Lessons" tab. The first person to send me an email that says I love math will get their choice of a drink from Sonic or Starbucks.
- 3rd Grade Professional Learning will be held on Friday, February 19, 2016. Please register in Eduphoria for credit.
- 1st Grade Professional Learning will be on Thursday, February 25th from 3:00-4:00. Please register on Eduphoria Workshop for credit.
- 2nd Grade Math CBA 3: Please refer to the note posted on Forethought in the window under CBA.
Name & Needs Meetings
1st Grade – February 16th
2nd Grade – February 17th
3rd Grade – February 18th
4th Grade – February 22nd
5th Grade – February 23rd
Kinder – February 25th
*Please bring 8 copies of each completed Student Information Sheet to the meeting. This will allow each person in attendance to view and discuss the data. The Student Info Sheet can also be found on the Staff Website under IC Resources, Name & Needs.