May 8, 2016
Happy Mother's Day!
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Just a few quick reminders:
- Complete the Report Card Survey- deadline was May 6, but the link should still be active. As of last Thursday there were only 4 responses.
You may access the survey by clicking here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HCS-Reportcard_Process_Assessment_Survey
- Last day for schedule changes May 15.
- Update your self- monitoring plan
- If you have not completed all requisitions, please make sure to complete this ASAP. Search soft folders with candidates are being sent to schools daily. Our goal is to complete hiring before the second week of June.
- Dr. McNeal sent an email asking for testing calendar feedback. Please make sure to provide input!
Keeping the Secondary Spotlight- short and sweet! I know you are all very busy! Have a great week of learning!!!! 3 more Mondays!!!!
May 6- REPORT CARD SURVEY COMPLETED
May 9 - Retirement Dinner for any HCS employee retiringMay 11- Graduation Planning Meeting; 3:30 Community Room
May 9-12 Senior Schoolnet Benchmarks
May 17- 20 Senior Exams
May 16-20- Grades 6-11 Schoolnet Benchmarks
May 23-26 Grades 9-11 Teacher Made Exams
May 19- Board Meeting; 5:30
May 20- Seniors last day
May 24- Exams begin for grades 9-11
June 3- Class rolls/ master schedules due- racial isolation is a focus
June 3- End of Year Checklist due to your DOI
Celebrations and Welcomes
Everyone- please welcome Chrystapher Walker to HCS. He is one of our newest HCS principals and joins us from Auburn University. He is currently shadowing at McNair Jr. High School. Below is Mr. Walker's email if you would like to send him a welcome message.