History of the pomegranate
Recipe for Pomegranate chutney
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions, including tops
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (from a 1-pound pomegranate)
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh jalapeno chile
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
Put currant jelly in a 2-cup glass measure. Heat in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until softened, about 20 seconds.
Stir in green onions, pomegranate seeds, ginger, jalapeno chile, coriander, and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let stand about 15 minutes before serving.
"Pomegranate Nutrtion Facts." N.p., n.d. Web.