Informational bites to let you know what's going on!
I hope that everyone enjoyed an extended weekend with families and loved ones. This week we are taking the last beginning of year campus-wide assessment. We will not have campus-wide assessments again until November. To our virtual families, thank you for being patient as we get through these assessments and screeners! I have included the screener information below for everyone to read, and there is also an automated email sent to every student on campus that will also explain the process. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Have a great week!
Courtney Rodriguez, Principal
Beginning of Year Learning Gaps Screener: Tuesday & Wednesday
On Tuesday & Wednesday all Smith students (face to face & virtual) will complete the BOY Learning Gaps Screener. (Tuesday- Math, Wednesday- Reading)
Purpose: The assessment from TEA is meant to serve as a diagnostic starting point for the 20-21 school year. The screener is meant to provide teachers with information regarding what students retained from the 19-20 school year. The data will help inform intervention and the spiraling of prior grade content where available. This is not meant to be a high stakes test, so please let the screener be as low stress as possible for students.
- Teacher will communicate date and time for the BOY screener
- Students will receive an automated email on 9/7 giving them all login information as well as user name, passcode, password, etc.
- Students will “attend” test session based on teacher direction (teacher will tell you in an email what time to log your student in to begin testing)
- Teachers will monitor students using Dyknow(web browser activity)
- Teachers will have make-up sessions and will communicate with parents/guardians regarding students who did not “attend” the testing session to schedule them in a specific make-up session
- Please reach out to your virtual homeroom teacher for questions
- Please note that students will be taking the prior grade level screener. If your student is a current 5th grader, the student will select the 4th grade screener.
Add these to your calendar...
Grab & Go Meals for Virtual Students
Grab & Go Meal service is available for purchase for our virtual students. Families are welcome to pick-up breakfast and/or lunch at any campus in our district during the following times:
Elementary: 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.
Intermediate: 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
Middle: 8:45 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
High: 8:50 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
If you are sending your child with, or dropping off, medications to be administered during the school day, please fill out a form for each medication.