Mathew B. Brady
By: Max Kean
Brady and Lincoln
When Mathew Brady took Lincoln’s election photo, this dispelled rumours of Lincoln being a tall awkward figure. A year later after the event, Lincoln told, Brady how much he had appreciated Bradys photo. Lincoln even said that Mathew Brady made him president.
Top 5 facts about Mathew B. Brady
- Mathew Brady was a Civil War photographer who excelled in the art of daguerreotypes.
- He made political figures win more publicity.
- He made a large difference when Abraham Lincoln was running for president.
- He is considered to be the father of photojournalism.
- He made little to no money while taking pictures during the Civil War.