News from Virginia Lake School
July 23, 2019
Welcome Back to School!
Dear Virginia Lake Families:
Hello from The Lake! Can you believe we are in the middle of the summer? The first day of school is quickly approaching!
- Students in grades 1-6 will return to school on Wednesday, Aug. 14.
- Kindergarten and preschool classes will begin Thursday, Aug. 15.
I love collaborating and learning with my students, parents and families that make up our wonderful school community. It is an honor to be part of a faculty and staff committed to providing the best possible education for every child in a safe, nurturing environment. I believe the partnership between our families and our school is an important part of our success. Students benefit as parents and guardians are involved in their learning. It is our goal to have consistent communication between home and school and regular opportunities for families to learn about what is happening at school.
I am passionate about student learning and helping every child become life-long learners. I believe that school is a "mistake-making," safe place where all children must have opportunities to learn and grow. I am very passionate about collaborating with students, parents, and teachers to help our students achieve their absolute best.
I am looking forward to a great year at The Lake!
Upcoming Events & Important Information:
The Virginia Lake teachers would like to invite you to Meet the Teacher Day on Tuesday, August 13 from 1:30 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. We ask that your students bring all their school supplies at this time. If you and your child are unable to attend our scheduled Meet the Teacher Day, your child may bring his/her supplies on Wednesday, August 14, the first full day of school. The first day of school for kindergarten is Thursday, August 15.
I would also like to invite you to our Parent Orientation Night on Thursday, August 15 (Grades K-3 from 7:00-7:45 p.m., Grades 4-6 from 6:00-6:45p.m.).
Something new this year, is everything will be electronic. Please know that this email will replace the packet you used to receive in the mail over the summer. It is filled with important information to review before school begins! Please read it over carefully, and feel free to call or email the school office with any questions you might have.
- Make sure you like our Facebook Page - Virginia Lake Elementary School-Community Consolidated School District 15.
- Like us on Twitter (Virginia Lake School @VirginiaLake15)
- Make sure we have a current email address and cell phone number on file as we'll only be sending eBlasts and texts with important information. EVERYTHING will come in an eBlast or text!
- Visit us at school! Stop into the office. Say hello! Connect with your child’s teacher.
- Ask questions! We are here to help support you and your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back to school soon! I am thrilled to be your child’s principal!
Mrs. Stephanie Daly, Virginia Lake School Principal
Virginia Lake's Back-to-School Website
- About our School and District 15
- School Hours
- Arrival/Departure Procedures
- School and District Calendars
- Student Attendance
- Teacher Assignment
- Chromebook Information
- School Supply Lists
- Health Forms
- School Nutrition Services