Published November 10th
No Faculty Circle Monday
Monday Adjusted Schedule
We will call you down to the gym.
This Week's Meetings
Monday: Science PLC after school in Stacie's office.
Wednesday: Writing PLC during 1, 2, 5, 7. We're going to be looking at the CASE data. If you have read Chapter 2, we will touch on it but we will be extending sentences, expanding sentences, and note-taking into December. Team Leader after school in Maley's room.
Thursday: Jefferson County Public visiting to see tech integration. Math PLC after school in Stacie's office. We'll be chatting about CASE data, next steps, and create the full school SWOT.
Monday: James at hearing at 9:30
Tuesday: Erika, Sarah, and Stacie at principal meeting/cluster meeting
Wednesday: Stacie out in AM for science coach leader meeting (not leaders, just coaches)
Thursday: Erika out half day PM. At NKU for advisory meeting.
Friday: Stacie out half day PM for coach meeting.
Upcoming Planning Meetings
For November 18-26, I would like to plan full day unit/proficiency scale planning sessions. We will do a full day. Your goal is to finish your unit 2 and begin your unit 3. In December, we will dedicate 6 PLC days strictly to unit/proficiency scale planning. You may schedule more with Stacie if you'd like.
ONE content area may go per day.
Math: November 21st
ELA: Point person is Erin Maley. Erin, talk with the ELA teachers and arrange a full day planning with Stacie. See Sarah to arrange subs.
Science: November 19th
Social Studies: November 25th
Sped: November 22nd
Vertical Team PLCs Goals
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of writing that matches the unit expectations. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3.
- Create a school writing plan focusing on one component of the plan each month. Begin with the school writing policy.
- Complete CUBES word problems 4 times per week and complete 1 written writing prompt per unit explaining how to correctly solve a math problem with appropriate vocabulary.
- At least weekly, use CASE question bank to administer checks to maintain rigor of priority standards/calibrate.
- Implementation of 3D instruction as evidenced in lesson plans.
- Collaboratively write summative assessments that measure mastery of disciplinary core ideas through the practices and cross-cutting concepts.
- Monthly, bring and analyze student work that shows evidence of inquiry practices. Calibrate thinking on what constitutes a 1, 2, and 3. (QFT, DBQ, extended response, because, but, so).
- Discussion of the CASE data analysis.
- Eye-opening to look at writing for another grade.
- Discussion about science collaborating with the math teachers to emphasize the math for the unit that's also used in science.
- Need to practice timed writing. Kids are not handling timed writings well.
- Need to practice giving kids a set amount of space to put their answer in.
- Work skills report