We Are Sailing Through Kindergarten!
October 30th, 2015
- The Oceanside Fire Department came to visit us here at School #6 (unfortunately the weather did not allow us to make a trip to visit the fire house, but they kindly arranged to come meet us here!). Our fire fighters taught us fire safety rules and reminded us that they are our friends (we shouldn't be scared of them if they come to help us!). We even got to sit on the fire truck and see what it looks like on the inside. We had SO much fun!
- We also participated in our Storybook Parade. What a great way to show off our fun costumes!
Things we've learned...
- We continued learning the following high frequency words: a and to. Please review these words with your child at home.
- We learned the following Amazing Words: gobbling, rumbling, scooping, spinning, squelching, and swooshing.
- We learned the following letter and sound: Tt.
- In math, we learned how to read, count, and write the number 10. We also learned about patterns.
- In science, we finished learning about and exploring our five senses. Make sure you check out our work when it is sent home!
- In Writer's Workshop, we continued learning how to tell our stories through illustrations with lots of details. We also learned how to label our pictures with words and letters. We are well on our way to becoming authors!
Books we've read...
- Smash! Crash! by Jon Scieszka
- Dig Dig Digging by Margaret Mayo
- Fire! Fuego! Brave Bomberos by Susan Middleton Elya
- Touching by Sharon Gordon
- Tasting by Sharon Gordon
- Smelling by Sharon Gordon
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
Harold and the Purple Crayon
STAR OF THE WEEK
Madison was our Star of the Week this week. We learned that Madison loves to have fun with her family and friends. We also learned that Madison is a huge fan of Spiderman. Great job, Madison!
- Tuesday, November 3rd - No school for students.
- Thursday November 5th - Students dismiss at 11:30 A.M. Parent-Teacher conferences are in the afternoon and evening.
- Please continue to bring your ID with you at dismissal. It is a School #6 policy to always have your ID with you at dismissal. In the event that there is a substitute teacher, you will be required to show identification.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on all homework, notes, etc.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in an absent note the day your child returns. Thank you!
- To see more pictures from our days at School #6, check out our school page on the district website!