Why am I interested in this field?
This particular field interests me because it allows me to take advantage of my creativity skills to design and construct a work of art that will benefit or entertain the people of my community, therefore improving their way of life. I excel in Math and Science, skills required as a Civil Engineer, so I felt like this field would be the right fit for me.
- Analyze the cost of a particular project and ensure you are not going over your limit.
- Ensure the project is safe for both the environment and people.
- Acquire and test multiple building materials to see which material is best for the project.
- Check the soil at the project site to ensure a strong foundation.
- Use design software to design the project.
- Follow government regulations.
- Manage the repair of a project.
- Share your progress with the public and consider their opinions and recommendations.
- And many more!
The starting salary for most Civil Engineer is $49,540.
To become a Civil Engineer, one must graduate from an ABET accredited school (to be eligible for a Professional Engineer License) with at least a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. However, a master's degree is recommended. Classes that should be taken during education include: Math, Statistics, Engineering Mechanics and Systems, Fluid Dynamics, and other classes depending on the civil engineer's specialty. These classes will include traditional learning, lab work, and fieldwork.
- "Civil Engineers." : Career, Salary and Education Information, CollegeGrad.com. Web. 1 Sept. 2015"
- "Civil Engineer Salary | EngineerSalary.com." Civil Engineer Salary | EngineerSalary.com. Web. 1 Sept. 2015.
- "Des Sujets. Money. 10 (dix) Dollars. ID:1491." 10 (dix) Dollars Photo. D'image № 1491. Web. 1 Sept. 2015.
- Busby, Press-Register. "Area Community Colleges Get Grant for Roving Classrooms for Occupational Training." Web. 1 Sept. 2015.
- "Specialized Services." | Architecture. Web. 1 Sept. 2015.
- "Construction Worker (C) David Lally." :: Geograph Britain and Ireland. Web. 1 Sept. 2015.
- "Eiffel Tower." Eiffel Tower. Web. 1 Sept. 2015.