PRE-K 4 NEWS!
JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY MARCH 23, 2016
God is so good! He gave us the most beautiful sunny day for our Easter celebration.
Thank you very much for your participation sending all the items for our Easter celebration. The children had a wonderful time breaking the “cascarones” and picking up the eggs at the egg hunt. We noticed that the children are doing very well sharing and being nice with each other what that has been one of our purposes during this Lenten season.
Read-A-Thon. Since our children are not reading on their own yet, parents can read to them and fill in the reading log. For every book you read to your child you can ask friends and family for a donation depending on the number of books you plan to read to your child.
We want to wish all of you and your families a wonderful Easter. We encourage you to have a peaceful and happy spring break vacation. The Passion reminds us that there will be difficult times for each of us, times where we feel we want to give up, but God is always there to help us...we just need to turn to Him in prayer.
• There won’t be Mass on Thursday, because is Good Thursday.
• Friday noon dismissal, Good Friday.
• Report Cards will be send home on the 23rd .
• No school Spring break from March 28 – April 1st.
• April 6th, Sports/Spring photo day at 8 am. Please come dressed in “Sunday Best” if you are getting a Spring photo taken. If you are taking sports photos, come dressed in a Basketball or Cross Country uniform. These photos are optional.
• Saturday April 16 Junior Daffodil Parade in Proctor District of Tacoma.
• Saturday April 30th Spring Fling in Holy Rosary.
Prayer: This week we will continue praying for all the sick people, including children.
Oral Language. We will talk about César Chávez and how he worked for the unity of the farmer workers and worked all together to have a better life.
Religion. Our Lenten Walk with Jesus. The children will learn about the last days before Jesus died, with a focus on Holy Thursday. They will learn that Jesus shared a special meal with his disciples.
Estrellita Phonics: Review all letter sounds to begin the lesson. The letters R,r is our focus for this week. Children will learn new words that begin with these consonant sounds. Children will be tracing and writing the letter forms and learning songs related to the letter sounds.
We hope you have a safe vacation.
Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farías and Sra. Laura P.