By: John Gliarmis
Steps to Lab
2. Get the clear tubes out of dialysis and get them open.
3. Pour 30 mL of distilled water in all of the plastic tubes and tie them with a piece of string.
4. Measure the weight of the tubes, write the weight down, then place the tubes in the filled cups.
5. Leave not touched for 24 hours.
6. The next day, measure, record, and write down the changes in them.
Analysis & Conclusion
During our lab, the osmosis is being observed. A tube will be filled with water. The mass would be analysed and recorded before using other lipids. The experiment would sit for 24 hours. The experiment will be weighed again and the change of mass will be determined.
The hypothesis was, if the tube of water sat in three different solutions, the mass would decrease. This hypothesis was only half correct for the clear soda. The hypothesis for the original soda was also half correct. The drinking water mass increased.