Grapevine Mustang Band
May 20, 2022
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Thank you to all of the students and parent volunteers for you hard work in making spring training a success!
- If you have not turned in your Statement of Intent, please email it to Ms. Irby.
Time to get your extra show shirts for the upcoming '22-'23 marching season!! We wear these at games, competitions, well...everywhere!! This form is ONLY for the extra shirts for your family. The students get a shirt as part of their band fees and their sizing and orders will be taken care of at Spring Training next week. DUE Sunday, May 22, 2022 https://forms.gle/6NBbaoBMkj8wmMeh8
- The band calendar at grapevinehsband.com is your one-stop shop for all dates and times.
- Join the 2021-22 Remind! Info below. Everyone needs to join the Remind.
- All band fees should be paid in full. Please refer to the Band Fee Payment document for more information. Please note: if you are paying through PayPal and do not send the payment directly to email@example.com, the processing fees will be charged to your Charms account.
- Lessons are available for all members of the band program. Please go to https://www.grapevinehsband.com/private-lessons.html and set up lessons if you have not already.
- "Transcend" tumblers are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure yours! We only have a limited number left!
- All Families can raise funds for their individual band account NOW with the Scrip Fundraiser. See below for details.
Message from GCISD Band Boosters
Hello, District Band Parents!
Thank you all for your time, talents, and resources this year that contributed to the success of our District Bands. Our directors have made so many glowing remarks about the accomplishments of the Bands which, of course, is made possible by YOU!
There are still available positions in the organization that must be filled for the 2022-23 year. Please look at the Officers slate and consider your talents. We invite you to contact your campus VPs or directors if you are able to serve our students in one of these roles.
“Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action.
These actions shape and mold the present
into a future of which we can all be proud.”
– Helen Dyer
As this school year wraps up, as an organization, we must elect a new slate of leaders in a General Meeting. We will conduct this meeting via Zoom on May 24th at 7:00 PM. All District Band parents are invited to login and approve these volunteers. This meeting will take no more than 10 minutes.
Link to the Officers slate (will be updated as needed)
Zoom meeting details
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 825 9278 1111
Thank you, parents!
Cristi Strang, President & Amy Ground, President-Elect
Band Banquet is this TODAY!
2022 GHS Mustang Band Banquet
Friday, May 20, 2022 6 - 11 PM
Texas Star Golf Course
1400 Texas Star Parkway Euless, TX 76040
You must be registered to attend. If you have not registered and want to attend, please contact Kim Bentson via text or call at 713.818.7445.
Here is a timeline of events for the evening:
5:30 Registration Table opens|Ballroom opens
6:00 Dinner is served (promptly)
6:35 Awards, Recognition, Speeches, End of Year Video
8:00 Dancing begins |Parents leave except for chaperones
11:00 Banquet is over
When you arrive, please check your table assignment at the check-in table at the entrance to the ballroom.
Dress is "dress your best."
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Go Mustang Band!
URGENT - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Please sign up to help us move on Friday, May 27. We will plan to move things from 10am-3pm. If you can volunteer at any point please sign up.
Main Street Fest - Earn money now
EARN MONEY TO PAY YOUR BAND FEES - Sign up to work the GHS Mustang Band Gates at the Main Street Fest.
We found out this week that we have access to sign up at 3 gates. If you looked to sign up earlier and there were not any slots left, try again. You can work as many days and as many shifts as you want.
**see 3 tabs at top of sign up genius to sign up for Gate 8, 10 or 12
Gate 8 Password: cfa
Gate 10 Password: soccer
Gate 12 Password: cfa
- Gate Attendants will be paid $12/hour (increase from $8/hr from years past). If a parent and student work a shift that is $24 per hour that can be put towards your band fees.
- Students that are working shifts may also receive service hours.
- Gate attendants collect tickets for admission, answer questions, hand out lost child stickers, and man the exit gates to ensure people don't leave with alcohol. It is very easy work!
Friday, May 20 - 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Saturday, May 21 - 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Sunday, May 22 - 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Contact Angela Hall with questions - email@example.com or text 817-791-6335
Thursday, May 26 - All Winds and select percussionists perform
12:50pm - eat/change/load
1:45pm - bus arrives
2:30pm - unload/Set up
3:30pm - graduation starts
5:15pm - graduation ends
5:30pm - load/depart
6:15pm - arrive at GHS
Dress: Concert Blah - black dress shirt, black pants, black socks, black shoes, black belt, etc
he 2022-23 Mustang Guard had a blast at spring training! The group has almost doubled in number since last fall, and we are excited about continuing our journey of growth in both size and skills. Check out the GHS Band's Flickr account to see how we have progressed over the past year, and stay tuned to see where we go from here. GO GUARD!
GHS Band Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/grapevinehsband/albums
CALLING ALL GUARD PARENTS/GUARDIANS!
Your 2022-23 information meeting is scheduled for Mon, May 23rd @ 6pm in the GHS Band Room. This meeting goes in depth on the upcoming year's plans for the Grapevine HS Band program and Mustang Guard, so it is essential for all to be present at either the previous April 21st event or on May 23rd.
The 2022-23 Mustang Guard will be having auditions for any students interested in joining the team! We are a co-ed program open to 9th-12th graders with no prior dance/theater/music experience required.
If you were not able to attend auditions and are still interested in joining the team, please contact Mr Redd at William.Redd@gcisd.net to schedule a meeting. GO GUARD!
More info - https://www.grapevinehsband.com/color-guard.html
See you tonight at the banquet!
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.