By: Chase H. and Jack K.
The Requirements of The President
- Must be 35 years old or older
- Must be a resident of the United States of 14 years
- No person except a natural born citizen or citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of the President.
Constitutional Powers Granted to the President
- Make Treaties
- Executive Agreements
- Recommending Legislation
- Veto Power
- Calling Congress into Special Session
- Call fill vacancies
- Receives ambassadors and other public ministers
Executive: 1, 2, 3, 9, & 10
Diplomatic: 7 & 8
Judicial/Legislative: 4, 5, & 6
We think that the veto power is the most important because if the President doesn't agree on a bill or law, he can make sure that it doesn't become a law.
-Conflict Resolution(4)- It's an important trait because there will be conflict between the different parties and it has to be resolved one way or another.
-Inspiring Values(6)- I's an important trait because the president has to see both sides in the situation but he can't just pick one side or the other it has to be a generalized decision.
-Level Five Leader (13)- It's an important trait because the country needs an amazing president that brings the nation together.
2. If we were president, we would go to the most populated states of immigration and increase the guards and police throughout the state. We would also put up walls and watch the borders more carefully. We would use the veto power to veto anything that supported the immigrant issue. We would use the role of Commander-in-Chief to put armed forces by the borders to decrease immigration.