Employee Wellness and Support
Mental Health Awareness Month
Week of May 18, 2020
The IISD EWS Newsletter
This newsletter will provide you with information on emotional, mental, physical and nutritional health. We will focus on how to help you be proactive about your health and well-being. The EWS Newsletter will also provide support & guidance resources that we hope will assist you in dealing with stressors and challenges.
Mental Health Facts & Figures
The Scope of Mental Illness
- 1 in 5 adults in America experience a mental illness.
- Nearly 1 in 25 (10 million) adults in America live with a serious mental illness.
- 1/2 of all chronic mental illness begins by the age of 14; three-quarters by the age of 24.
- Approximately 10.2 million adults have co-occurring mental health and addiction disorders.
Supporting A Loved One Going Through a Tough Time
- Treat the person with respect and dignity.
- Offer consistent support and understanding.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Give the person hope.
- Provide practical help.
Source: Mental Health First Aid
Be Kind to Your Mind
Tips to cope with stress during COVID-19
Pause, breathe, and notice how you feel.
Take breaks from COVID-19 content.
Make time to sleep and exercise.
Reach out and stay connected.
Seek help if you feel overwhelmed or unsafe.
Continue to "Move It!"
We continue to focus on the importance of movement this month by promoting exercise, walking, jogging, as well as meditation in order to relieve some of the shelter in place stress we may be experiencing.
Exercise Online (no cost)
3 Free at home workouts via zoom
Only 2 More Remaining
Camp Gladiator for Discounted Price
CG is also offering four additional weeks of unlimited LIVE virtual workouts beginning
May 25 - June 20th for just $49, but Irving ISD employees receive a discounted price of $35!
- Live At Home Workouts: Enjoy unlimited access to over 9,500 LIVE, interactive workouts that fit into your schedule, in your space & at your pace!
- Real-Time Coaching & Community: Two-way communication with a Certified Personal Trainer, who holds you accountable, corrects form and gives modifications while you work out!
- Fun & Challenging Workouts: Build lean muscle, lose weight & feel better with their full-body strength & cardio workouts.
Interested? Sign up here Camp Gladiator at a discounted price for Irving ISD.
For more information contact:
Uliser Salmeron, CG Area Director/Partner Trainer
We want to spotlight your workouts!
7 benefits of regular Exercise
1. Exercise controls weight
2. Exercise combats health conditions and diseases
3. Exercise improves mood
4. Exercise boosts energy
5. Exercise promotes better sleep
6. Exercise puts the spark back into your life
7. Exercise can be fun … and social…w/social distancing
Help us inspire everyone to
The "Move It" Challenge
Workout Challenge Leaders
Numbers represent the number of miles completed by each employee.
Diana Rivera 111.5915
Megan Farber 56.952
Brande Curtis 38.8461
Rebecca Hermes 35.6
Mollie Ott 31.4133
Deanna Terrell 28.1
Nadine Darson-Perez 27.6015
Remember that your time and intensity working out is converted into miles on the challenge form. This is how we track everyone's participation and challenge leaders.
There is still time to enter The "Move It" Challenge.
Winners will be announced May 27.
IISD Employee Assistance Program
Our Employee Wellness and Support Services provides opportunities and resources for employees to develop and maintain healthy emotional, mental, and physical well-being through support and guidance, as well as promoting personal and professional productivity through educational engagement.
For more information about Employee Wellness and Support Services visit our website:
Employee Wellness and Support Services or contact Jose Villasenor, EWS Coordinator:
firstname.lastname@example.org | (469) 781-1843 Mobile