VOTE for COREY ALLEN
TREASURER- Montrose Softball League Association
MY INVOLVEMENT IN MSLA:
- Jerry Award winner 2013
- 2016 will be my 14th season in the MSLA
- Primarily played in the C division and played limited time in the B division
- Manager / Coach Houston WILD 2006-2013
- Manager / Coach of the Year 2011
- Volunteered on 4 of the 7 MSLA Committees:
- Finance 2015-present; 2015 chair
- Ratings 2010-2015; 2012-2014 chair
- Lone Star Classic 2010-2015; 2013-2015 co-chair
- Recruitment Day 2010-2015
I need your support!
My Treasurer Qualifications:
Finance committee chair MSLA 2015-present
In my current role as finance chair, I successfully:
- identified and managed the board's hiring of MSLA's CPA firm;
- implemented 501(c)(3) process;
- held 501(c)(3) training;
- reviewed and managed our CPA Firm's 501(c)(3) IRS filing; and
- currently managing selection and implementation of accounting software.
Experiences outside MSLA 2000-Present
In my experiences outside MSLA, I am a:
- Former Board Member, Finance and Treasurer Houston based non-profit, 2006-2011;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), in three states including Texas;
- Current Corporate Controller $600M+ global oil and gas company, 2012-present; and
- Former external auditor KPMG, 2000-2012.
As Treasurer, my focus will be on:
- improving controls around our cash and assets;
- improving accounting books and records;
- improving transparency to managers council and board by developing monthly financial reports;
- implementing annual operating budget comparison to actuals reviews;
- long-term planning through multi-year operating budgets; and
- evaluate long-term financial planning initiatives such as softball complex feasibility study.
I would love to listen to your own ideas and share more of my own.