Friday, April 29
Andrew Luck Book Club
A Message from Mrs. Patterson
Spring Maker Night for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Graders:
Attention all 3rd, 4th and 5th graders and their parents. The spring Maker Night will be on Thursday, May 5 from 5:30 to 7:30. Maker Nights are for 3rd, 4thand 5th graders only (please, no younger siblings) and must be accompanied by an adult family member. The theme this time is engineering. Design a dome that will hold snow, a tall structure, a strong structure and even a boat. If you wish to attend, please email Mrs. Patterson.
FOR THE WEEK OF 5/2 - 5/6
- Anchor Text- Sarah Plain & Tall
- Target Skill- Story Structure & Point of View
- Phonics- Base words and -ed, -ing
- Grammar- Adverbs that compare
- Vocabulary- prairie, slick, fetch, clattered, sniff, rough, batted, thumped, buzzing, rustle
- Spelling- night, picture, being, study, second
- We will continue working on our poetry unit. Students are reading, studying, and writing many different types of poems such as acrostic, haiku, diamante, free verse, shape poems, cinquain and limericks.
- Multiply and divide with multiples of 10, 100, and 1,000
- Using mental math to multiply
- Exploring arrays, areas, and fractions
- Multiplication algorithms
- Monday: Music
- Tuesday: P.E.
- Wednesday: Technology
- Thursday: Art
- Friday: Music
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lifeskill for May- Motivation
May 11: Early Release Day
May 13: Hinkle Hey Day 6:00-9:00
May 30: Memorial Day, No School
June 1: Last Student Day!