Connecting students to post-secondary education
What makes your college application complete?
Here is some information on what makes your college application complete:
- Application form (most likely done online)
- Application statement (if appying to UW schools this is required! It may also be required for many other 4 year institutions)
- Application fee - Talent Search student don't have to pay this. Make sure you talk to your TRIO advisor for their process in requesting a waiver or payment.
- Transcripts - Should be sent to the school from your guidance office
- Test Scores - ACT or SAT (double check to see if your schools require official copies)
- Letters of recommendation (If you are a student on their admission "bubble" it is in your best interest to submit no more than two letters of recommendation)
MHS College Application Help Kick-Off
Monday, Oct. 5th, 10:30-11am
Menomonie High School - Tiered Lecture Hall
Additional help times are:
Tuesday, October 6th - ELT
Wednesday, October 7th - Late Start
Wednesday, October 14th - Late Start
Wednesday, October 21st - Late Start
Wednesday October 28th - Late Start
TRIO Talent Search Application Fee Help!
Importance of Academics
Seniors, listen up! You may already be admitted to the college of your choice but that doesn't mean your grades this year don't matter. The opposite is true. Colleges that have admitted you expect that you will complete the classes you said you would complete and that you will maintain the same academic standards they saw when admitting you. Every year colleges rescind their offers to students because they let "senioritis" take over. Your senior year classes will be some of the best prep you can have for the rigor of college classes!
What is the best way to ensure you do well in your classes?
TRIO Talent Search 3 Day Trip
Juniors! Now is the time for you visit campuses. Check with your advisor for upcoming trips!