STANWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
STUDENT FULL DAY HYBRID SCHEDULE UPDATE APRIL 2021
SHS VISION STATEMENT
Stanwood Spartans are united in cultivating character, modeling respect, teaching leadership and connecting to community.
FULL DAY HYBRID SCHEDULE INFORMATION
Beginning April 19th we will start our full day hybrid model. Students with the last name A-K will be in hybrid A on Mondays/Tuesdays. Students with the last name L-Z will be in hybrid B on Thursdays/Fridays.
**We will no longer be able to switch students to different hybrid schedules. Families would want to be placed on the wait list for hybrid changes should contact the main office.
Students will be in school from 7:40 a.m. - 1:35 p.m. Students will attend 6 periods per day, two days per week. Students who are currently attending will remain in their current cohort group.
REMOTE LEARNING OPTION
Students will remain online and attend Google Meets. Distance Learning students will attend Thursday and Friday Google Meets. The google meets will be at least 15 minutes for every class period. Students need to stay in the google meet until the teacher has finished with their instruction.
Students in the remote learning program will be able to access their teachers two days a week during virtual office hours or by setting up a virtual meeting with the individual teachers. Office hours are from 1:35 - 2:10 p.m.
FULL DAY HYBRID SCHEDULE DOCUMENTS
NEW SCHOOL MAP BY FLOOR
We have a list of student expectations below.
We are excited to have you return to school and have outlined some expectations
in order to maintain health and safety and minimize the transmission of COVID-19. The following are student expectations:
- Students will be screened prior to entering the school facility. This includes:
- Factually answering questions about their health.
- Having their temperature taken.
- Students will be expected to properly wear a cloth or blue paper mask that covers both their mouth and nose. (Exceptions have been made for alternate PPE in very specific situations)
- Students will remain at least 6 feet apart from other students and staff at all times.
- In physical education classes students are expected to remain 6 feet apart.
- In performing arts classes students are expected to remain 9 feet apart when engaging in activities.
- In band classes students are expected to maintain a minimum of 9 feet of distance between individuals in the classroom when playing an instrument. Appropriate covers must be in place on the instruments and appropriate masks must be worn.
- Students will not eat in the school facility except in the case of a medical requirement (other than lunch time). Students may be allowed to eat a snack outside the facility before and after school with social distancing.
- Students will be allowed to bring water bottles and with teacher permission, step outside the classroom to consume water.
- Students will use restroom facilities during class with teacher permission in order to prevent multiple students in the restroom.
- Students will adhere to posted occupancy maximums in classrooms and bathrooms.
- Cell phone use will not be permitted in the classrooms.
Attendance will be taken at the beginning of every in person class period.
You will also take an attendance survey every week during 2nd period (Hybrid A - Mondays, Hybrid B and Remote students - Thursdays). Your 2nd period teacher will share the survey link with you.
If you need to leave during the school day, you will sign out at the attendance window by the front door of the school.
Stanwood High School will be the bus screening hub every morning during the hybrid schedule. We will screen most of the middle and high school students who will be riding the buses.
The para educators will be getting on the buses, asking the attestation questions, and checking temperatures.
The after school bus line up is below for you.
Bus information for families:
The Versatran eLink is the portal to access bus routes, stop time, location, and the bus you will be riding.
STUDENTS SHARED BETWEEN SHS AND LHHS:
**WE WILL HAVE A BUS TO TRANSPORT STUDENTS TO/FROM LHHS. ONE BUS WILL TAKE STUDENTS OVER TO LHHS BEFORE SCHOOL.
A schedule for the shuttle bus between the two schools can be found below.
CHECKERBOARD ON STUDENT TABLES
You will need to bring a lunch with you to school.
Vending machines and microwaves will be available for you.
You will use hand sanitizer before and after eating. Hand sanitizer stations will be in the eating areas.
Lunches are based on your fourth period teacher.
The first and second floor teachers will have first lunch. The third floor teachers will have second lunch.
Please refer to the lunch list to see where you will eat lunch. Your lunch location is based on your fourth period teacher.
You will eat lunch with your fourth period class.
Student will sit in rows designated by teacher name.
The chairs will face the same way. Chairs will be six feet apart.
You will have 15 minutes to eat lunch. While you eat, you may remove your mask.
Beginning April 26, all students will have access to free grab and go lunches when they attend in person (it will also include breakfast for the following day). Additionally, students will be able to pick up a 5-day meal bag when they leave school on either Tuesday or Friday. Students will be able to sign up for the 5-day meal bag when completing their attendance form each week.
Students will use the QR code to screen in for lunch. They will select the name of their fourth period teacher and also what seat they are sitting in. Students who don't have a cell phone can use their chrome book to complete this process.
We are going to use the commons and both upper gyms for our student lunch locations.
We will still have the first and second floors take first lunch. Third floor will still have second lunch.
The updated list is below for you.
Our district mask policy was updated. Any individual who enters the school can't wear a gaiter mask.
You must wear a mask at all times. The mask needs to cover the nose and mouth. You may ask the teacher for a mask break if needed and step outside the classroom for one minute and then return to the classroom.
You will be screened in one of three areas:
- Bus (at the staff parking lot)
- Upper Ag lot (This parking lot is for parents/guardians to drop off their children - students are screened from the vehicle.)
- Stadium lot (This parking lot is for student drivers).
You will be asked the attestation questions, have your temperature taken, and then will have a stamp placed on your wrist or forearm. We will use the stamp as our backup way of checking to make sure all students have been screened before entering the building.
SHARED LEARNING AREAS
STUDENT AND FAMILY RESOURCES
WATER FOUNTAINS/WATER BOTTLE FILLING MACHINE
The water fountains have been covered and won't be available due to our covid restrictions.
However, students and staff can use the water bottle filling machine on the right side (see photo above).