Tyngsborough Elementary School
September 4, 2018 Update
First Week Gratitude
One important aspect of creating a caring community is to take time to express gratitude. I want to express my gratitude to many people who contributed to a successful opening of school.
- Our maintenance and custodial team of John, Roger, & Amy for hustling to get school clean and looking fabulous!
- Administrative Assistants Denise Fjeld, April Pelletier, Liz Gill, & Cheryl Santos for the myriad tasks they do to manage our school office and their care and attention to students and families.
- Our teachers who spent SO much time setting up welcoming classroom environments and greeting new students with a supportive and welcoming smile.
- Whitsons Food Service staff who made our 3 days of lunch go smoothly.
- Our amazing PTO for greeting new families and creative planning for the upcoming enrichment programs our students benefit from.
- Our school counselors and service providers working to welcome our new staff and students.
- And finally, a huge shout out to Assistant Principal Erin Sousa, Associate Principal John Salmon, and Special Education Facilitator Brian Reilly who have worked tirelessly and done such an excellent job preparing for the opening of school (arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, buses, staff schedules, etc)
We’re off and now the real work begins!
The Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) provides education to parents and the community on special education issues and services. We strive to promote respect, support and appropriate education for all children with disabilities in our community and ensure that their needs are being met in accordance with all state and federal special education laws and regulations.
The first meeting of the Tyngsborough SEPAC will be held on Wednesday, September 19, 2018, from 6:00-7:30pm in the Tyngsborough Middle School library, 50 Norris Road, Tyngsborough. The meeting will begin with a Meet & Greet with the new PAC Chair, Rachel Leo, and with Tyngsborough Public Schools’ special education Administrators: Sarah Lewenczuk, Director of Student Services for TPS; Brian Reilly, Special Education Facilitator for TES; and Joshua Evans, Special Education Facilitator at TMS/THS. After our Meet & Greet with Administration, there will be a quick review of upcoming Special Education Workshops, Fundraisers and General PAC Meetings. Hope you can join us!
Tuesday, September 4th - Preschool Curbside Drop-Off
Thursday, September 6th - Grades 1-5 Open House @ 5-5:30 - Information Session 1 &
@ 5:30-6 - Information Session 2
Thursday, September 6th - 2nd Annual Ice Cream Social @ 6:00-6:45
Wednesday, September 12th - Early Release Day (Preschool Dismissal @ 11:30 & Kindergarten - Grade 5 @ 12:00)
Thursday, September 20th - O'Connor Studios Picture Day - Grades 3-5
Friday, September 21st - O'Connor Studios Picture Day - Preschool - Grade 2 (Date changed)
Please consider supporting our amazing community groups.
The Tyngsborough Public Schools does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, or age