Answers to Quiz
Full or partial political control over another country
2. What is the Berlin Conference?
The Berlin Conference regulated European colonization and trade in Africa during the New Imperialism period.
3. Why were the Europeans interested in Africa?
The wanted Africa's people to enslave and wanted their resources.
4. What is imperialism?
Extending a country's power and influence through force
5. What is the Middle Passage?
Sea passage of slave ships from West Africa to the West Indies.
6. What is the Transatlantic Slave trade?
It was the trade in which involved forcing millions of slaves to be deported to the Americas. This trade took many Africans from their homes and enslaved them in the Americas.
7. What two African countries were not colonized by Europe?
Liberia and Ethiopia
8. What countries were part of the Berlin Conference?
Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Denmark, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden–Norway (union until 1905), the Ottoman Empire and the United States.
9. What country started the Transatlantic slave trade?
10. What did Europe have interest in Africa after slavery was over?
Also a ten Question Quiz
They felt it was unfair
2. What was the Mau Mau?
A secret society that believed violence was the only answer to independence and peace.
3. Describe the nationalism that lead to the independence of Kenya?
The nationalism of the Kenyans that supported the Mau Mau movement, (wanted independence), eventually led to their independence from Britain.
4. How did the Nigerians feel about the european culture?
They actually admired it.
5. What did the Nigerians feel that they had to do to earn rights?
They felt that they needed to be free from british rule to earn their rights.
6. Did Nigeria fight for independence?
No, Nigeria did not have to fight for independence.
7. What did the national groups of the gold coast want?
They wanted the same rights as the British and wanted to protect their land from them.
8. In the gold coast or Ghana, when did nationalism become stronger?
9. Who formed a new gov. in Ghana in 1954?
10.What was the Pan-African Movement?
Pan African Movement encourages the unity of Africans all around the world.