This Week at LCMS
Los Coyotes Middle School
Oct. 22 - 26, 2018
* Conference Week * Dismissal at 1:15 daily *
~ Red Ribbon Week ~
~ Superhero Pride ~ Wear Superhero gear
~ Conferences, Last Names ~ A - G 1:30 - 3:30 pm
~ Crazy Hair & Socks Day
~ Night Conferences/ Open for conflict of other dates 5:00 - 7:00 pm
~ Wear Red
~ Red Ribbon Assembly @ 10:51 am
~ Conferences, Last Names ~ H - O 1:30 - 3:30 pm
~ Trunk or Treat @ LMHS 4:30 - 8:00 pm
~ Pajama Day ~ must stay in dress code & NO SLIPPERS
~ Conferences, Last Names ~ P - Z 1:30 - 3:30 pm
~ Wear Red, White & Blue
~ Cheer & Band to perform at La Pluma for Red Ribbon
~ Conferences ~ appointments only (teacher initiated)
Save the Date:
Oct. 30 ~ Hollywood Horror Night
Oct. 31 ~ Halloween
Nov. 1 ~ 8th gr Panoramic Pictures
Nov. 2 ~ PTA Reflections
Nov. 8 ~ Volleyball/Football Tournament
Quote of the Week
Good Call Home
Red Ribbon Week
Conference Week ~ Dismissal @ 1:15pm daily
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- In the US, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are being female and aging. About 95% of all breast cancers in the US occur in women 40 and older.
- Getting a mammogram can help reduce the number of deaths from breast cancer by 30 to 40% among women ages 40 to 70. So make your mom a personalized card encouraging her to get one! Sign up for Momm-o-grams.
- Breast cancer deaths have been declining since 1990 thanks to early detection, better screening, increased awareness, and new treatment options.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- In the US today, there are more than 2.9 million breast cancer survivors — the largest group of all cancer survivors.
- One woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the US.
- Every 19 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 1,000.
- About 2,240 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in men in 2013.
Breast Cancer Door Judging Contest
Trunk or Treat
Great Things Happening in the Classrooms!
Hollywood Horror Night
College & Career Expo
LCMS does a great job at recycling! Check out how many pounds have been recycled!! Keep up the great work!
Grand total = 214.1 lbs = 26.1 gallons