East Lincoln Middle School
Home of the Falcons
ELMS MONDAY MESSAGE 9.16.19
Good evening Falcon families! This is Mrs. Myers with your weekly ELMS Monday message! Lots of awesome things happening here at ELMS!
Fundraiser forms and money were due today but can still be turned in tomorrow and Wednesday before being mailed to the company. Thank you for such a fabulous response to our annual fundraiser. Online non-cookie dough products will be shipped directly the buyer if that option was chosen! However, all cookie dough, frozen products, and paper order products will be delivered to the school on October 16th.
We have a full schedule for athletics this week!
- Today (Monday) -- Cross Country @ RS Central High School (last minute venue change made by the hosting school. Thank you for understanding we had no control over the timing or the venue).
- Tuesday -- Softball/Soccer vs. NLMS @ Home
- Tuesday -- Golf @ NLMS
- Wednesday -- Football @ NLMS
- Thursday -- Softball/Soccer @ Kings Mountain Middle School
Looking ahead to next week, we are excited to preview a couple events we feel should be on you and/or your student's calendar!
- Wednesday, September 25th is an early release day for parent conferences! Both breakfast and lunch will be served but our students will be released for the day at 12pm. Parents that would like schedule a conference should reach directly out to their child's teachers. Teachers will be available for conferences at school between 1pm and 7pm that day.
- The ELMS book fair will also be next week with extended hours on the 25th! If you are unable to attend the fair, we invite you to shop the book fair online. The online Fair is available from Sept. 18 – Oct. 1. The link to shop is available on the ELMS webpage --https://www.scholastic.com/bf/eastlincolnmiddleschool
- Next week we are also partnering with our Student Council for a new initiative on student leadership -- Start with Hello! Week! This initiative aims to prevent social isolation and loneliness and create a more connected and inclusive classroom and school. Our Student Council will help facilitate activities during the week to help promote kindness, connectedness and friendships. We look forward to all of the positive experiences that can come from this program!" This short video and parent brochure attached below can provide some valuable parent talking points to share with your student this week!
Thank you and have a great week!
Mrs. Heather Myers
Helpful Link Library:
Thank you for joining ELMS PTO! If you would like to become an active volunteer, check out the PTO page on our school website or the ELMS PTO Facebook group for more information.
Students will no longer receive individual books, but copies can be picked up in the front office or accessed using the button link above!
Click here for the confidential, online free and reduced lunch application! We encourage any families in need to complete an application. Returning families MUST complete a new application in the first 10 days.