WORLD LANGUAGES WEBINAR SERIES
2 SESSION WEBINAR SERIES BEGINNING MAY 4
WRITING IN THE WORLD LANGUAGE CLASSROOM
THE WRITTEN WORD: WHERE THERE ARE WORDS, THERE IS MAGIC!
Writing in the World Language Classroom is a course designed for world language teachers. If you are interested in adding strategies to develop and scaffold writing activities even at the lower levels of proficiency, then this series is for you! In this blended learning format, participants will meet virtually for two sessions using Adobe Connect and also use Moodle asynchronously.
The two virtual sessions in Adobe Connect are from 4 - 6 PM. Additionally participants are expected to complete 3 hours of work on the Moodle assignments.
This blended learning workshop series is designed to:
• Explore writing as a process and for a purpose
• Develop an understanding of the national and state world language standards for writing
• Compare world language and common core standards for English Language Arts
• Explore writing tasks and strategies in the world language classroom
• Examine the connection between reading and writing
Who Should Participate?
K-12 World Language Teachers
$15.00 for entire series
You MUST attend both sessions and complete all assignments to earn SCECHs (7 in total).
BLENDED LEARNING SERIES SCHEDULE:
Sessions facilitated by Dr. Anne Nerenz, Eastern Michigan University
Session 1: Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Introduction to Writing in the World Language Classroom
- Letters and Characters
- Words and Groups of Words
Follow up assignments due by May 8 and 10, 2016
Session 2: Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Discussion of alignment of documents and activities from Session 1
- Formulaic Phrases and Writing Sentences
Follow up assignments due by May 15, 18, 25 and 29, 2016