1909 - April 15, 1912
Belfast, where the Titanic was built.
Belfast Northern Ireland 1919:
- It took 15,000 workers to build the Titanic.
- Because it needed so many workers, Belfast also had a boom for houses, and businesses to accommodate for all of the people.
- Multiple people died just making the Titanic.
- Employees would start working at 6:00am to 8:15 pm, 14 hour days
- They had very few rights
More about the Titanic
- The Titanic was 883 feet long
- It had 9 decks
- The titanic could hold 350,000 passengers & crew
- It weighed 67,000 tons
- it was built on a 17 acre artificial Island
- it took 10,000 sheets of 6X30 foot steel to cover the outside of the titanic