FAC Summer Update
July 8, 2021
Good Afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope that you and yours are having a wonderful summer so far!
The FAC Staff has been balancing our work and play, enjoying some time to rejuvenate after the completion of the school year, while also investing in the preparation of all aspects of the school so that our students have an optimal experience. We are just four weeks away from the return of the Faculty and five weeks until we get to see our students again, and we are more committed than ever to provide a pinnacle experience for our young artists!
This newsletter is the first communication of the summer, but please be assured that we will be reaching out again with more information to help you have a great start to the school year. For now, here is the latest from the halls of the Fine Arts Center...
Welcome, Ms. Michel
My name is Nicole Michel, and I am thrilled and honored to be joining the Fine Arts Center family as assistant director for the 2021 school year. A native of Charleston, I always wanted to be an educator. I attended Furman University and earned Masters Degrees in Literature from Middlebury College's Bread Loaf School of English and Educational Leadership from Clemson University. I have worked in Greenville County Schools as an English teacher, coach, and administrator for fifteen years but am most excited to work alongside the talented faculty, staff, and students of the Fine Arts Center. I live in Greenville with my husband, Kevin; stepson, Nate; and rescue pup, Zadie.
We are excited for the educational experience that Ms. Michel brings to our team, and look forward to introducing her to the FAC Community at our events at the start of the school year and throughout the fall.
Orientation for New FAC Students
Details for the event are as follows:
- Monday, August 16, 2021
- Last Names A-J -- 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Last Names K-Z -- 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- The Fine Arts Center - 102 Pine Knoll Drive, Greenville
- Parking is available in the lot in front of the school and also behind the school (next to the WHHS Football Stadium)
- Meet as a whole group with the Administration; learn about the school, our basic school procedures, and how to be successful from "Day One"
- Visit with your Instructor; a chance to see where you will learn, and to learn more about the procedures in the classroom
- Tables will be set up for the purchase of FAC Merchandise and for the FAC Parent Guild (our version of the PTA, where you can get involved in helping our school to be successful)
2021-22 Fine Arts Center Student Information Form
Please click on the following link to complete the form - https://forms.gle/QckGK7Utw6kUktXZ9.
Again, we need this completed by all families. One form per student, please.
Should you be unable to access the form, or require a computer to complete this task, please reach out to our Main Office - (864) 355-2550. We can schedule an appointment for you to come to the FAC to complete this task.
The deadline to complete this task is Thursday, August 12. Thank you in advance for your help with this!
New Transportation Requests (GCS High School Students ONLY)
Three important points:
- Bus transportation is not provided to students who do not attend a GCS High School.
- Bus transportation is not provided for students who attend Wade Hampton High School on Special Permission (Change in Assignment).
- To arrange for transportation from your child's GCS High School to the FAC (and back), you must reach out to your Home-Base high school and speak to the personnel in charge of transportation. We cannot make this arrangement for you - you must make the request.
Proof of Immunization Requirements - New FAC Students who are OOD
This information is for our new FAC students who attend Private, Charter, Homeschool, and Virtual Schools. Please note that these schools are termed, "OOD," which stands for "Out of District."
Since you do not have a home school in Greenville County School District, we are required to keep an SC Certificate of Immunization on file here for you. Please note the following guidelines from the District website:
“A child cannot be admitted to any school or child development program without a valid SC Certificate of Immunization or a medical, religious, or special exemption. If your child does not have a valid certificate, take his/her shot records to your physician or the county Health Department (282-4100). A parent or adult authorized by the parent must accompany a student under 16 who requires shots. For further information, call Medical Health Services at 355-3171.”
We appreciate your cooperation with this matter. As stated above, your child cannot come to the FAC without the appropriate documentation. Please be sure to have the required paperwork turned in to the FAC by Thursday, August 12. You may either mail it to us (102 Pine Knoll Dr., Greenville, 29609) or drop it off (we are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
Please contact Kathryn Rhyne at (864) 355-2556 or email@example.com if you have any other questions.
Student Directory Information
- Student Directory Information - Annual Notice to Parents and Guardians: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cF7cFvc2IOMKWCXqSqtTjW6rNRzaW2CG/view?usp=sharing
- Directory Information Opt-Out Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P_GosXbbBAHt6E5YqhbsCCZn14Ydicw0/view?usp=sharing
If you do not want us to include your child in our publicity efforts, please complete and return the Directory Information Opt-Out form by Thursday, August 12. Forms can be mailed to or dropped off at the FAC. We will have paper copies of the forms available at the FAC for anyone who cannot print the form at home.
- August 12 - Deadline for the completion of the aforementioned forms: "2021-22 Fine Arts Center Student Information Form," submission of Immunization Records (if applicable), and the Student Directory Form (if applicable).
- August 16 - Orientation for NEW students
- August 17 - First Day of the 2021-2022 School Year. Please check with your Home-Base school regarding your attendance. Some schools have class meetings the first day, and will therefore require you to be there for the full school day.
- September 6 - No School; Labor Day
Fine Arts Center - Greenville County Schools
Preparing dedicated students for 21st-century careers through rigorous, pre-professional arts training in a dynamic, inclusive, collaborative learning community.