Week at a Glance
Next Thursday is my mother's 72nd birthday so this weekend we are getting together to celebrate. Normally we try to do an activity outside whether it's walking around IMA and the gardens or walking around Zionsville. I'm looking forward to seeing my family. Hope you have something fun planned for this weekend!
- PAC luncheon
- 7:30 a.m.--collaboration in the MP room--PBIS and safety updates
- 7:30 a.m.--sped collaboration with Karla and Matt in conference room
- 10:00 a.m.--case conference--Jessica W., Terri, & Karen
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--Music Makers
- 2:40-4:00 p.m.--volleyball practice
- 5:00-8:00 p.m.--basketball practice
- Fire drill
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Karen & Jaime
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--Spell Bowl practice
- 4:30 p.m.--Josh's send off party at Don Chico's
- 6:30 p.m.--archery
- Karen gone in p.m.
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--Student Council
- 6:00-8:00 p.m.--basketball
- 12:30 p.m.--case conference--Jessica W., Megan, & Karen
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Faith & Karen
- 2:40-3:30 p.m.--NEHS meeting
- 2:50 p.m.--PBIS leadership team meeting in conference room
- 3:30 p.m.--new teacher & mentor meeting at ENHS
- 6:30-8:00 p.m.--archery practice
- Voter registration forms due to the office
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Jessica W., Mary R., Katy, & Karen
- 3:00 p.m.--case conference--Lucinda, Mary R., Michael, Heather H., & Karen
- 6th grade girls volleyball games at ENMS--times TBD
- MONDAY'S COLLABORATION: At Monday's collaboration we will be reviewing some of the components of our school plan, mainly office managed behaviors vs. classroom managed behaviors, how to write a referral, and when minor incidents become office referable. Jaime will also be giving an update on safety procedures.
- ISTEP ANALYSIS: Please be wrapping up the ISTEP test analysis this week. I would then like to use collaboration on Oct. 24 to have each group report out on their findings so we can determine our next steps. I have received the analysis forms from the 4th and 5th grade ELA groups so far.
- PICTURE RETAKES: Picture retakes have been scheduled for November 4. :-)
- VOTER REGISTRATION FORMS: The student voter registration forms are due this Friday to the office. Please have students complete the forms on their own as much as possible. Kindergarten may want to forgo the address section and concentrate more on the signature part. We don't have to turn these forms into the DOE; it's just part of our schoolwide voting simulation. I will be sending you an electronic copy of what the ballot will look like so you can use that as part of your lessons too. On the actual voting day, the students will vote on laptops through Google forms. Samantha and I are working on those details and will get more info out to you as we get closer to election day.
- FIRE DRILL & EARTHQUAKE DRILL: Since we weren't able to do the fire drill this week, it has been rescheduled for next Tuesday. The following week we will have an earthquake drill.
- We've had a great first week back from Fall Break! Thanks for all your hard work!
In the past we have talked about different ways we can reteach and reinforce schoolwide expectations. One thought we had was to make videos that could be shown. Below is a link to a video another school made, and it was posted through the PBIS network. Thought you'd like to see an example! :-)