GWMS Sunday Message
Week of January 11th
- Ms. Hilschire for her dedication to our students and all of her hard work during November and December.
- Ms. Barnes for the Prexie Press each week.
- Ms. Turizo and the 7th grade teachers for being present and moving students through the 7th grade hallways.
If you'd like to add your own Kudos the link is here.
Now it is time for our PBIS vocabulary game….. WORDS WITH FRACULTY
WORDS WITH FRACULTY! This week’s intellectually snobbish, impractical, obsolete, and vacuous word will be stated on the announcements. Students will be challenged to use the word in its proper context per the appropriate content area to gain prexie love in their classes.
THIS WEEKS WORD: Renown - fame
Benchmark Testing Begins this Week
This week we will being our benchmark tests. These tests mimic the SOL tested areas for each grade level. Jim and Kyle were kind enough to create a calendar of testing below and explain how we can accomplish this mandated testing in a manner that is least intrusive. Thank you for your work!
- All tests are given during class period (schedule is not altered)
- Teachers reserve their team cart for the day of testing.
- If teachers need additional computers, contact Jim and Kyle, please indicate which period and how many additional computers are needed
- Tests are given in Schoolnet
- iPads can be used as well as student laptops
Tuesday, January 12th - 6th grade Math
Wednesday, January 13th - 8th grade English
Thursday, January 14th - 8th grade Math
Friday, January 15th - 7th grade English
Tuesday, January 19th - 7th grade Math
Wednesday, January 20th - 8th grade Science
Thursday, January 21st - 8th grade Social Studies
Staff Member of the Month
Mail Chimp has proven to be a great way to keep our GW families in the loop with all of the fantastic things that go on at GWMS. Thank you to everyone for your contributions…..KEEP THEM COMING! You are doing great work with our students and the parental feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Continue to send your pictures and short write-ups to Ms. Barnes - email@example.com - to share all the wonderful things going on in your classrooms.
HALLWAY SUPPORT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please stand in the middle of the hallways and actively monitor and support students on their way to class. We need to perform as a unified team in this respect. The power of the many is what makes transitions smooth and orderly. Simply put, we cannot do this alone.
Monday 1/11/168:00am - SST 8-1, 6-1, 7-1
SST Professional Learning - MPR (1st, 3rd and 7th)
- Special session for Electives from 12:47pm - 1:30pm
NO ALL STAFF MEETING (postponed to 1/26)
Leadership Work Group Meeting 3:30pm - 4:30pm MPR
AVID Site Team Meeting 3:30pm - 4:15pm
NO SCHOOL MONDAY 1/18