A One-Act Play by Terry Gabbard at Goodrich High School
Goodrich High School Theatre's LIVE, IN-PERSON Production of OUR PLACE: April 29- May 2, 2021
The unassuming location of a dock extending out onto a small lake serves as the backdrop for five totally different stories.
On a cool autumn night, Jake arrives with Holly at a secluded spot. The couple feels an immediate connection to this place as if it were put there just for them.
On another day, early in the morning, Beth has plans to spend the day with her dad at their favorite fishing place. She has high hopes for catching some sunshine, a few fish, and her dad's fading memories.
The third story involves Al, who arrives at the dock with his family and has high expectations for their family canoe trip. His wife would rather stay inside, his son has a chip on his shoulder, and his daughter is very different.
In the fourth story, Cory and Liberty have a picnic lunch out by the lake, but a realization about tuna-fish sandwiches sends a shock wave through their relationship.
Finally, Stanley escapes the hardships of his life to blow off some steam on the dock when Sidney, his little sister, arrives. All he wants is for her to go away, but she insists on staying with him, at all costs.
All five stories of this most unique one-act play allow Our Place to be seen in both comedic and dramatic light brought together in the form of a final epilogue near the end of the audience's experience at "our place."
This article appears in the Goodrich Area "Citizen News" April 22, 2021!
Show Specifics about Tickets, Reservations, Seating Protocols and After-Show Meeting & Visiting
The Goodrich Theatre Box Office Staff will begin taking and filling reservations on April 22, 2021.
- Thursday thru Saturday, April 29-May 1st at 7:00 pm
- Sunday, May 2nd at 2:30 pm.
- The performance is approximately one-hour in length
- $5.00 for all tickets.
- Protocol Seating for a maximum of 200 people in the 700 seat Goodrich High School Auditorium will be available.
- Families may be seated together, however appropriate social distancing will be adhered to within the same row.
- Every other row of seating in the auditorium will be roped off and remain empty at each performance.
- Audiences will not be able to meet and congregate in the theatre lobby. After the show, patrons will be asked to meet outside the auditorium facing the parking lot if they wish. Members of the company will also meet friends and family outdoors as well.
Reserving Tickets or purchasing Tickets in Advance:
- To reserve tickets in advance, call 810-591-2220 and leave a message after the tone.
- To purchase tickets in advance, go to http://goodrichschools.org/ and follow the MY SCHOOL BUCKS link.
Goodrich High School
8029 S. Gale Rd.
Goodrich, Michigan 48438