Parents Keeping Current
College & Career Week
At 5:00, there will be a short PTA meeting in our cafe to address monthly business.
Parent Learning Opporunity
We are excited to announce the first “Coffee With the Counselor” on September 27th at 8:00 am in the Curtsinger Elementary library! The focus of the first event will be “Parenting Children with Challenging Behavior.”
Please use the link below to find more information and to RSVP.
Gary Burns Fun Run
Come join the Taylor Team at the Gary Burns Run and cheer them on! To learn all about it, follow this link. The run supports our FISD Education Foundation that funds teacher grants for the classroom and student scholarships. We have been very fortunate to receive grants that past 2 school years that have enhanced our music program, our reading intervention in first grade, and our enrichment learning in the library. Plus, you can join some of our own staff members who are running! Coach Wynia, Mr. CJ, Mrs. Rambo, and more! See next week who else will be running.
Gary Burns Registration information:
Early registration now-October 16
Student -$15 Adult -$25
Late registration October 17- October 27
Student -$15. Adult -$30
Race Day Registration October 29
Student -$20. Adult -$35
Mourning Mourners - Deadline October 21st
Student -$15. Adult -$25
We wanted to provide some information and reminders to everyone about morning drop off and pick up.
- Morning supervision begins at 7:15 by staff. Please do not drop off students before 7:15.
- Observing traffic patterns reveals that 7:15 - 7:28 is the calmest time for student arrival. We continue to have a group of cars arriving right at 7:45 causing children to arrive to class late. If you find yourself in this situation frequently, please try coming during this time.
- National is not a safe area to send your children across independently. If you park on National, please walk with your children.
- Parents who chose to park on National are expected to wait to cross our carpool exit until our staff safely directs crossing. You can expect to wait a few minutes as cars are exiting our property because we must regulate the car flow.
- Use of second lane during arrival is not allowed for dropping off students or for passing cars to get in the line for drop off. This lane is used to exit once your child is dropped off.
- Having your child ready to exit the car speeds up our flow for everyone. It is okay for them to open their own doors if they are able and head inside.
- Kinder & first grade parents MUST have the name plates provided by teachers to pick up your children at the carpool and walker areas. If you do not have one, please contact your child's classroom teacher even if your child goes home an alternate manner. There may be a time that you need to pick them up by car.
- Please use space effectively as you wait at carpool. The tighter you are reasonably pulled up to the car in front, the more space we make to get cars on campus.
- Exhibit respectful interactions to one another as you patiently wait for dismissal to occur. There is no need to cut in front of one another coming up Gillespie or on our campus. This only creates unsafe conditions for drivers as well as frustrates those who patiently wait. We are completing dismissal students in car lanes by 3:07 or sooner each day.
- Students who live at The Ranch at Ridgeview apartments brought home a note to parents explaining that they will begin riding bus 19 in the afternoons and will start getting dropped off at the bus stop by 3:15. Please adjust your time to meet them at the stop accordingly beginning on MONDAY. They will continue to be picked up by bus 207 in the mornings.
In all situations, driving on campus while using a cell phone is prohibited.
Join PTA! We need you! Go to www.taylorelementarypta.org to join the PTA and sign up for volunteer opportunities.
Don't forget to complete your background check at https://forms.friscoisd.org/backgroundcheck/ so you will be all ready when that great volunteer opportunity or chaperoning a field trip comes your way!
Start collecting Box Tops from your favorite brands! Send them to school with in a baggies with your child's name and teacher name. There will be a prize each month! More information coming soon!
Reflections information is going home in Thursday folders this week. Consider having your student participate in this great program. Deadline is October 28th for submission!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Sept. 16 Walk to School Day
Sept. 22 Spirit Night at Fuzzy Taco's
Sept. 27 PTA General Meeting
Sept. 27 Curriculum Night