Survey Data Spring 2015
Japanese I AB
Reflection on the Survey Data: How did they know GaVS?
- About 44% of the students learned about GaVS from a counselor or teacher at students' school and about 33% students learned from friends or family members. Promoting the program to school counselors and teachers is important. Also the reputation and previous learning experiences by the previous students sustain the program growth.
- Most of the students are first online learners (78%). About 11% of the students have taken online courses from another program or another GaVS course.
Reflection on the Survey Data: Why did they take this course?
- About 89% of the students took this course since this course is not offered at their local schools. This means this course is an essential online learning opportunity for them to learn the subject.
- Also about 89% of the students are taking this class as a part of their regular school schedule. Therefore the coordination and communication with the school facilitators is important to conduct the course effectively and efficiently.
- As their online learning experience, the students think they learned more than in their typical class (33%) or about the same (67%), which show their positive online experience.
Reflection on the Survey Data: Satisfaction with their online learning experience
- Most of the students are satisfied with their online learning experience (strongly agree: 67% & agree: 33%).
- They think the online learning experience is a convenient way to learn (strongly agree: 67% & agree 22%).
Reflection on the Survey Data: Why are they satisfied with their online learning ? (1)
- My online teacher responded to my email or phone calls within one day (100%).
- My online teacher resolved the course and assignment questions within one school day (100%).
- The assignments adequately prepared them for the assignments given (strongly agree: 33% & agree 67%).
Reflection on the Survey Data: Why are they satisfied with their online learning ? (2)
- My online teacher provides feedback that is helpful to my learning (strongly agree: 44% & agree 56%).
- Chat sessions offered by my online teacher increased my understanding of the course material (strongly agree: 44% & agree: 56%).
- Assignments were graded by my online teacher within 3 school days (strongly agree: 67% & agree 33%),
Reflection on the Survey Data: Overall
- Overall, my online teacher was effective (strongly agree: 56% & agree: 44%).
- About 89% of my students would take another GaVS class after taking this course. Since 78% of my students were first online learners, they think the online learning is effective and their online learning experience is positive after this course.
- Since the students' satisfaction percentage and the positive response is similar to the last semester, I would like to continue to compare the students' survey data analysis.