BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 41: 5/31 - 6/4
Dear Buena Vista Families
- 5/31 Holiday, Memorial Day no school for students
- 6/3 In person students begin the return of school supplied materials they are not using such as: Chromebooks, textbooks, & library books
- Important information on Yearbook from PTA - Please order your copy today. How? Information is below in this newsletter.
- Free Super Saturday Sports & Fitness Program with Boys & Girls Club. (See attached flyer for more information.)
- YMCA No Membership Required Achievement Gap Camp June 15 to July 15. (See flyer for more information)
- Upcoming Events - Important dates as we near the close of the school year.
- Music lesson # 7 for TK - 2nd grade
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
UPCOMING EVENTS - LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL FOR THE 2020/2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
- 6/9 Wednesday - Regular school day with AM and PM schedule.
- 6/9 Wednesday - In-Person Promotion Ceremony: Three guests per student. Tickets will be given to students for family members.
-- PM Cohort begin at 1:00 PM. Gate open at 12:45 PM.
-- Virtual Promotion for Distance Learning Students. Begins at 8:30 AM.
- 6/9 5pm Wednesday End of Year Goodbye Parade. Check out flier below.
- 6/10 Thursday - Last Day of School. Students work asynchronously at home. Last day for students to return all school assigned materials such as Chromebooks, textbooks, & library books. Check out the schedule for the final return of all school supplied materials.
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #7: FOR TK - 2nd GRADE STUDENTS
"Never let it be said that to dream is a waste of one's time, for dreams are our realities in waiting. In dreams, we plant the seeds of our future." -Unknown
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on. Deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable
- I got this! Buena Vista, We got this!!!
Click here to access the seven signs of being a trustworthy person.
Click here to access video explaining growth mindset in a student friendly way.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.