Welcome to Term 2!
Term 2 - Friday 22nd April 2022
TERM 2 BEGINS TUESDAY 26th APRIL
PRINCIPAL TERM 2 WELCOME
Dear Parents & Caregivers,
Welcome back to the start of a new school term - one that will hopefully be less disruptive and enable us to bring our community back together! I trust all families had an enjoyable Easter holiday break and managed to avoid any isolation requirements.
COVID EASED RESTRICTIONS
As outlined at the end of Term 1, there have been some easing of restrictions in relation to schools, with a welcome return to parents in our school. Please see the following:
- Masks still in place for Year 3 and above
- Mask wearing by parents on school grounds is still compulsory (unless you provide an exemption)
- Parents may attend assemblies, class performances, masses - year level only
- Whole School Assemblies are still not permitted
- Merit Award assemblies will return - with parents allowed to attend (these will be conducted in the hall with only merit award winners attending to be presented by leadership)
- Administration will reopen to parents
- P&F Meetings resume in person
- Parent-Teacher meetings resume in person
- Uniform shop reopens in person
- Regular volunteers (once per week or more) are still required to provide Proof of Vaccination
- Parents are still not permitted in classrooms
- Parents are still required to meet in the 'Student Collection Area' before and after school to drop off and collect their children
- Playgroup returns Week 2 (Monday 8:30-10:15am)
- Before and After School Sport returns
The Premier announced on 13 April 2022 that the Western Australian close contact definition will now align with the National Cabinet’s definition. This means that a close contact is now defined as:
- a family or household member of a person with COVID-19 who has had contact with them during their infectious period;
- someone who has had close interaction with a person with COVID-19 during their infectious period, where they spent more than 4 hours with them in a single day, in a residential setting, including a boarding facility, where masks have not been worn; or
- someone who is directed by WA Health that they are a close contact.
Schools are no longer considered close contact venues. A child who attends class with a peer who later tests positive to COVID-19 will no longer be identified as a close contact.
Any child who becomes symptomatic should stay home and be tested for COVID-19. Please continue to refer to healthywa.wa.gov.au for information on close contact definitions, testing and isolation requirements.
Any positive COVID-19 result should be reported on the school’s COVID-19 Self-Reporting Portal (https://cewa-collections.powerappsportals.com/COVID-19-Self-Reporting-Form/) and positive COVID-19 RAT results must also be reported on the WA Health RAT Register, as is required by the WA Government.
The easing of restrictions has meant some of our school activities can resume this term. We will provide more information on the requirements and additional COVID-19 considerations for each activity as they arise on the school calendar.
As we start Term 2, there is a 2-week transition period for the wearing of Winter Uniform for the children. Below is the Winter uniform requirements for Term 2 and 3. If you are unsure or require items, please contact the uniform shop via the links below. As a Catholic school, we take great pride in wearing our uniform correctly and we will once again be encouraging this throughout the school with our weekly 'Uniform Award' for classes wearing their uniform most proudly.
ANZAC DAY LITURGY
We will begin the term by commemorating ANZAC day with our Year 3 children leading a liturgy for the whole school on Tuesday 26th April. This will only be attended by the Year 3 children who will lead our school in a reflective liturgy from the school hall. This will be streamed to the remainder of the school. Year 3 parents are welcome to attend the liturgy, otherwise it can be viewed via the link below from 11:00am.
MOTHER"S DAY STALL - 4th MAY
Parents would have received communication from the P&F regarding the Mother's Day Stall being run this term. Thankfully, with restrictions eased, children will have the opportunity to purchase a gift from the stall on Wednesday 4th May. Unfortunately, due to restrictions and the requirement to minimise mixing of whole year groups, we are unable to hold our annual Mother's Day Breakfast. If you require information regarding how to purchase gifts from the Mother's Day Stall, please visit the P&F Facebook page or contact them via mailto:email@example.com
We're all looking forward to a term of uninterrupted teaching and learning taking place and children consistently being in attendance to allow for continuity in their learning. Enjoy the remainder of the holidays and we'll see you Tuesday.
* Please note the uniform shop will recommence in Term 2. However, there are still some considerations in enabliing try-ons.
Monday: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Where: NEW LOCATION - Operating out of the demountable at the rear of the school!
Ph: (08) 9204 1701
Address: 1/85 Guthrie St, Osborne Park 6017