Belmont Elementary: A PAWSitive Place to Learn!
Thank You to our PTO for organizing Bulldog Nights on the Playground!
YES!! We are hosting an IN PERSON Family Welcome Night!!
It really is a great time to drop off all of those school supplies so your child doesn't have to carry them in on the first day of school. Need the list? Click here!
It would be SUPER helpful for you to aim for the time indicated below according to your family's last name:
6:00-6:30 pm A-J
6:30-7:00 pm K-R
7:00-7:30 pm S-Z
Our Belmont Elementary PTO (Did you know that YOU are a member as soon as you enroll your child at Belmont?) and a few community groups will also be represented at our Welcome Night to answer your questions and help you and your child get connected.
The parking lot gets busy, so feel free to enjoy a family walk to school if you live nearby. BE safe out there! Much appreciated!
MASKS ARE REQUIRED for ALL STUDENTS, STAFF and VISITORS inside the building!
5th Grade Student Leaders will BE on hand in the main lobby to provide guided tours of Belmont during the Family Welcome Event. They are excited to help your family confidently navigate our school!
Bummer, but you need to know...
On the first day of school, however, all little bodies must be in their seats ready to roll at 8:45 a.m. and the doors open at 8:30 a.m. That would be a LOT of big and little bodies all trying to get into the same places at the same time if we invited walk-ins. Therefore, whether you use one of our handy-dandy car loops, send your child on the school bus, or drive slowly into a parking space and walk them to the front door for a hug; parents will stay on the outside while students officially begin their 2021-2022 adventure. Trust me! We've got this! More importantly, your children are ready to be in the routine of school amongst friends...even if they are already complaining about the end of summer and having to get up early.
Speaking of early....STUDENTS NEED TO ARRIVE TO SCHOOL AT THE CORRECT TIME! That's between 8:30 and 8:40 a.m. The only exception could be students entering at 8:25 to go directly to breakfast, or for before-school activities such as choir or PAWS Leadership Team later in the year. Arriving too early isn't safe or fair to either your child or school staff. I'm quite confident that you have already worked out the logistics for your children, and thank you for your attention to expectations.
In a similar light, students need to be exiting their vehicle and walking toward their classroom by 8:40 a.m. if they'll have a chance at getting their things put away in their lockers and getting into their classroom on time by 8:45 a.m. Students who are late to school, especially consistently late to school, are not only at a personal disadvantage after rushing and coming in late and flustered; but they disrupt the important flow of the morning classroom routine that is already underway for everyone else. It is not only helpful for your own child to have a stable, on-time routine; but your time management skills can also have a positive effect on the rest of the class and each child's day. Thank you for helping us to take care of each other, by first taking good care of ourselves.
Parents of 5th graders...BAND is back and YOU need the Info!
If your 5th grader has expressed an interest in band, please plan to attend a Zoom meeting to get yourself in the know and get your questions answered. The same information will be repeated on Tuesday, August 17 and Wednesday, August 18 at 7:00 p.m.
Zoom ID: 527 867 8873
I LOVE LoGiStiCs and I'm Sure that YOU Also LOVE to Know How to DO What YOU Need to DO!
We are SO VERY EXCITED to welcome our students back to the building! As parents, other than knowing that your child is happy and learning during the school day, next in importance is often knowing how to safely get your kids TO school and then how to get them back FROM school.
Lucky for you, we are providing this sUpEr LoNg list of helpful information to help your first day, and every day go well at Belmont! We'll also provide visuals (like the one below) to help!
- OFFICE HOURS are 7:45-4:30 p.m. but there are no kidsitters employed here, so please do not drop off your children prior to 8:30 a.m. when the building opens to students (the only exception is 8:25 breakfast program) and make sure that they are collected prior to 4:00 p.m. at the end of the day.
- All ELEMENTARY students should be dropped off between 8:30 and 8:40 a.m. Students will find it difficult to make it to their lockers and be in their desks ready to learn by 8:45 if they arrive later than 8:40 to school. Students who are tardy to class not only disrupt the classroom routine, but more importantly, begin their day already behind and frazzled.
- KINDERGARTEN and 1st GRADE STUDENTS (and family groups or carpools that include kindergarten or 1st grade students) should be dropped off in the FRONT LOOP- see visual guide below. Students should stay in their cars until staff arrive to assist.
- 2nd GRADE THROUGH 5th GRADE STUDENTS should be dropped off in the BACK LOOP- see visual guide below. Students should stay in their cars until staff arrive to assist.
- LATE TO ARRIVE STUDENTS (8:40 a.m. or later) should be dropped off in the front loop.
- Special circumstances may require an alternate drop-off and/or pick-up site for some students- don't be crabby if you see something happening that is different than this plan...it's most likely just a different plan for a very good reason.
- BREAKFAST is served from 8:25-8:45 in the cafeteria. Students may go directly to the cafeteria to eat prior to going to their classroom. This is not a social time, but meant to efficiently provide nourishment to participating students prior to their school day.
- BUS STOP INFORMATION is located in Skyward in your Family Access Account. Click here for How to Find Bus Route Information in Family Access.
- HELMETS are expected for bike and scooter riders and permission from parents should be on file in the office. Bikes and scooters should be walked on the school grounds.
- GOLF CARTS are not street legal and therefore should not be utilized as transportation in the car loops. Sorry. I know they're fun.
- The SPEED LIMIT on Belmont Drive is 25, but 20 is PLENTY. Please watch our for our kids on the streets and sidewalks. When students enter a crosswalk, it is the law to stop for them. Drive slowly and watch closely. Oh, and please put your cell phone down. Kids are only kids for such a short time. Enjoy them.
- PLEASE, help us to be good neighbors by NOT blocking or turning around in driveways of residents near the school. That's just not cool. You might also pay attention if a neighbor is trying to enter or exit their own driveway. Pay it forward!
- TRANSPORTATION CHANGES should be communicated to the office either by calling 913-667-1810 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and your child's teacher. All changes should be made at least 45 minutes prior to dismissal.
See! I told you we'd help you out! If you have questions, don't hesitate to call or email to ask!
End of Day Transportation Information- PLEASE COMPLETE!
Belmont Elementary Site Council 21-22
Coming Up at BE:
August 10 Family Welcome Night (see article for times)
August 12 First School Day of the 2021-2022 School Year!
August 23 General PTO Meeting
September 6 No School, Labor Day
September TBD Bulldog Dash!!!
September 22 Late Arrival- 2 hour delayed start- lunch served!
September 29 Early Dismissal at 12:10- No lunch served
September 29 & 30 Conferences
September 30 & October 1 No School
Visit the BE Online Calendar of Events (by clicking on the button below) for a more complete list of activities!
Sign up for Text Alerts
Receive emergency information, school closings, early dismissals and administrative reminders on your mobile device. This text and email service is free, but check with your mobile provider as text messaging and data rates may apply.
To subscribe >> Click Here
Community partner Country Club Bank is providing support to ensure this service is available in USD 232.