The Keys To Learning
Monday, November 17
Messages from Ms. Young, Principal
I wish you and your family a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
Math Bee Winners
From Left to Right:
5th grader- Sahejveer Markkar (1st place)
4th grader- Kaleb Seiffu (2nd place)
3rd grader- Jihan Amin (5th place)
2nd grader- Jase George (6th place)
1st grader- Victor Le (3rd place)
Kindergartener- Nicko Belete (4th place)
Arcado is ready to be a "No Place for Hate" School!
Arcado Elementary is excited to partner with the Anti-Defamation League as we begin our “No Place for Hate” initiative. Our NEHS (National Elementary Honor Society) members are coming up with ways to encourage students to stand up for themselves and others, as we continue to promote a climate of belonging. Our students and staff will be signing a banner and pledging these five parts of the No Place for Hate promise:
- · I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
- · I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone, even if they are not like me.
- · If I see someone being hurt or bullied I will tell a teacher.
- · Everyone should be able to feel safe and happy at school.
- · I want our school to be No Place for Hate.
Kindergarten and 1st grade students recently attended a puppet show and our 2nd-5th graders have an anti-bullying assembly this Tuesday. We will be developing more projects throughout the school year that will continue to foster our community of caring and respect!