Eastside: The Greatest School
"No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else."
Week of April 15th
Eastside Mission & Vision
Working in partnership with the community, Eastside Elementary will provide all students:
A collaborative team of professionals who are committed to improve their practices, so that all students learn at high levels
A safe, positive, and inviting learning environment
An engaging and challenging curriculum focused on essential academics and life skills
Individualized and timely support that provides students with what they need to succeed
Countdown to the Greatest Show:
3rd and 4th grade - 3 days
5th grade - 8 days
We are so close! Keep striving!
I'm currently writing an article for Solution Tree to be published about our journey in year 2. I found this quote by President Obama and I would say it rings true for Eastside. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” I'm so proud of all of you! Keep pushing and striving for GREATNESS with our students. We are so close!
We have a short week, but so much to accomplish with our students! 3rd & 4th grade have their final days before they rock the ACT Aspire test next Monday! 5th grade has 8 days. K-2nd grade are still trying to push their students to master essential standards for their success in the next grade level. So having these goals in mind, remember that engagement is key this time of year! You have to intentionally plan for engagement! Make sure that the planning has more student dialogue than teacher dialogue! Snap a picture this week of a highly engaging lesson that you have facilitated w/ your students and send to Mrs. Manning and I. We will be showcasing this on our website!
Remember my cautions to all of you at the end of day staff meeting on Friday. We are not finished. I need quality instruction from each of you every day this week.
This week Governor Asa Hutchinson has declared it Educator Commitment Signing Week. (details below). So in honor of that and one's calling for this profession, our challenge this week will be to take a picture of you doing what you love w/ students and tell your "why" behind wanting to be an educator! Post to social media using #thegreatestschool #TeachArkansas, #ARSigningWeek2019
Ringleader of the Week goes to Mrs. Satterwhite - Mrs. Satterwhite is helping out big time with our TEST BASH!
Big Top Team of the Week - Ms. Debbie and Ms. Patricia for helping out in all kinds of ways! Our flowers look GREAT!!!
Details for the Week
- PROWL continues as normal. If you have any questions about enrichment, ask Mrs. Manning.
- SIT meets today at 9:00 AM
- Mrs. Manning will talk with K-2 about their golden ticket during their first recess.
- To learn more about Educator Commitment Signing Week and to see a list of scheduled activities, visit https://bit.ly/2D5jq1r. Participants are encouraged to post photos or videos on social media during the week using #TeachArkansas and #ARSigningWeek2019.
- PROGRESS Reports will go home NEXT Monday.
- PINE BLUFF VISITORS TO SEE PROWL AND LLI
- Kinder zoo field trip
- 1st grade team meeting
- COMMUNITY SEED SWAP AT 5:30 (This is optional for staff. I would love for you to be there for this community event at our school. Bring some seeds!)
- Team meetings will be grade level for 3-5. We will work on AIPs. Support staff and K-2 will meet this week as well. Support staff will be continue working on the last spirit day rewards and K-2 will work on MAP reflections.
- GAEOP Jean Day. Pay $5 to Mrs. Patty and wear jeans.
- If you are scheduled for April 25th and 26th for end of year TESS meetings, all your artifacts and questions need to be complete by end of the school day on Wednesday, April 17th.
- 3-5 Test Bash at 9:30!!! Can't wait!!!
- 2nd grade farm round up trip
- Guiding Coalition meets at 2:40 - 3:40 Guiding coalition members will be getting their room covered for this meeting and swap duties.
- Friday Jean Day on Thursday and wear your gray Greatest School Eastside shirt
- No school (Good Friday)
- Important News:
- SIT commenting will be for 3rd through 5th grade. This time of year we need concise information about all parts of reading such as decoding, fluency (accurate and slow or inaccurate) and comprehension. If you are their classroom teacher, you should comment, if you are their interventionists, you should comment, and if you are the PROWL teacher, you will comment.
- 3rd-5th grade teachers need to give the dress code speech since warmer weathers are going to bring the wearing of shorts.
- We will take a break from Facebook live this week. 3-5 science team it will be your turn in a couple of weeks, so start collaborating about this.
- We raised almost $300 for VIP. Thank you all that participated!
Relationship Building Friday K-5 - Look at all those smiles!
Computer Science Word of the Month: Conditional
Character Word of the Month: Citizenship
Important Dates (Refer to our EES 2018- 2019 Year at a Glance Calendar in Google Drive)
I have updated the EES Calendar at a glance with lots of new upcoming dates.