Broadway High School
Home of the Fighting Gobblers
We are leaving the below information in the hopes that it will return to normal as soon as possible. Please know that during the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year that NO FINES will be collected or accrued. We hope that you are enjoying the books you have checked out from us and are happy for you to keep them safe at home with you until you return them at some point in the future.
- Library Hours: 7:55am – 4pm
- Computer Lab Hours: Monday-Thursday, 3:15-4:45 (subject to change with early dismissal days)
- 30 computers are available for student use.
- All students visiting the library must have a pass from their teacher. If the students visits the library during a study hall, students must get library passes from a library staff member prior to the 8:24 bell.
- Students are expected to follow the RCPS Acceptable Use Policy.
- Overdue/fine notices are distributed weekly via school email.
- Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Covington and Ms. Hill are always happy to hear from you!
Tools to Help
Catalog : Look for books anytime! (While schools are closed if you need a book email us and we will work with you to find a way to get you what you need.)
BHS Remote Reader's Advisory : fill out this form to get personalized recommendations from Ms. Hill and Ms. Covington.
Databases : Research trusted, professional sources from anywhere!
Public Library : Massanutten Regional Library has multiple locations and resources for you! Even if the location is closed there are digital materials available and the WiFi stays on for you to use outside.
Library Access Anywhere and Anytime!
Through this website Massanutten Regional Library gives you 24/7 access to e-books, audiobooks, test/prep, news, research and more! No matter where you are. Use 7002110 and your student ID number anywhere a library card number is needed (it should be a 14 digit number).
RBDigital is an app for audio books and magazines. You can find it at the bottom of the page under Fun Stuff. Here is more information on using the RBD app https://mrlib.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/OneClickDigital-Mobile.pdf
What to read next? You can always email Ms. Covington or Mrs. Hill if you need help!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF5316EC25DD56E15 : The Children's Book Council has created a list of book trailers just for you! If you see a title that looks interesting check our catalog or the MRLIB student access link to see if it is available.
BHS Remote Reader's Advisory: fill out this form to get personalized recommendations from Ms. Hill and Ms. Covington. Or EMAIL US. WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Open Library : Sign-up, it's easy to use.
FeedBooks : Be careful! Some require purchasing but under Public Domain and Original Works are thousands of free titles
International Children's Digital Library : This one includes iphone/ipad apps for convenience
Junior Library Guild Free Books online- there are some great titles here in ebook and audio format and they change every few weeks so check back!
Free books on Google Play : Search 'free google ebookstore' and select Top Free - Books on Google Play