Southview PS Weekly Update
Week of January 7th, 2019
We hope that you all had a wonderfully relaxing holiday with loved ones, and spent time doing the things you enjoy. As you may already know, we said a fond farewell to Mrs. Mountenay in December, as she begins a self-funded leave. Next September, she will be beginning a new adventure in a new school. Mrs. Joanne Borges, who has been our Vice Principal, will be serving the school and the community as the new Principal of Southview. Together with Vice-Principal Mrs. Shannon Boutilier, and with Southview's amazing team of educators and support staff, we embrace the opportunity to help each child in our care reach their academic potential and be a valued and contributing member of our school and global community.
Baby, It's Cold Outside!
Canadian winter is upon us! We are hopeful that we will get outside for fresh air and play as much as possible during these cold winter months. That being said, please make sure students come prepared each day for outdoor recess (coats, snow-ants, mittens, hats etc) and we encourage you to send extra clothing in case things get wet; it's no fun sitting in wet socks or pants! We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday, January 7th!
Student Art to Cheer the Winter Months: Coming soon - our student art gallery in the front foyer!
This Week at Southview
Monday, January 7 (Day 1)
- Welcome back everyone!
Tuesday, January 8 (Day 2)
Wednesday, January 9 (Day 3)
Thursday, January 10 (Day 4)
Friday, January 11 (Day 5)
A Reminder of Inclement Weather Procedures
What Happens During Inclement Weather?
- Decisions about cancelling transportation services usually occur very early in the morning of a school day, and are based on the latest information about road conditions and weather forecasts.
- Bus routes that have been cancelled due to inclement weather are cancelled for the whole day.
- Parents / guardians will be responsible for the return transportation for any student dropped off at school; students need to be picked up by 3:35.
- Schools remain open in the event of full bus cancellations unless otherwise determined by the Director of Education.
How do I find out if buses are cancelled?
- Visit Tri-Board Student Transportation Services website at www.triboard.on.ca for information and subscribe to their notification of cancellation messages.
- Visit the LDSB website www.limestone.on.ca and subscribe to the LDSB app
- Listen to local radio stations in the a.m.
- Follow on Twitter @LimestoneDSB . Our school Twitter site will also retweet this information.
January 23 ~ Parent Council Meeting, 6:30 pm
February 1 ~ PA Day - NO SCHOOL
February 7 ~ Leon's Centre trip (hockey game) Grade 5-8
February 8 ~ Grade 5 to Grand Theatre - Rumble performance
February 18 ~ Family Day - NO SCHOOL
February 20 ~ Term 1 Report Cards go home
February 22 ~ No Tomorrow presentation (Intermediate)
February 25~ Smartwheels presentation (junior)
Want the Weekly Update delivered to your inbox?
Please indicate "weekly update" in the subject line.
Hard copies are available upon request.