Buffalo Parent Bulletin
News and Reminders
- Families must complete the annual Skyward update for every student. This will be available on August 2nd through Skyward Family Access.
- Back to School Bash: Join us on the playground on August 9th from 4-5 p.m. for popcorn, snow cones, and a fun time with friends, PTO, and Blackshear staff!
- Meet the Teacher is on August 16th from 10 a.m. - noon! Teacher assignments will be posted in multiple places inside the school on that day. We will also have multiple things going on in the cafeteria such as adding money to lunch accounts, ordering supplies and t-shirts, getting your carpool number, obtaining information about your bus route, Campus Kids, etc.
- 2018-2019 School Hours: 8:05-3:25 - Breakfast drop off is at 7:30 and all other car rider drop offs may begin at 7:45.
- Car rider numbers: Students will receive new numbers this year. Even if you do not plan to pick up every day, it is encouraged for you to get a number. If you pull through the line without a number you will be asked to park and enter the office to pick up your student, as student safety is our number one priority. Please help your students learn their numbers as quickly as possible in order to shorten the delays during the first week of school.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school.
- Lunch visitors: In order to accommodate all of our students in the cafeteria, we will continue assigned lunch visitor days. Please view this schedule for your assigned grade level day(s). We understand that there will be exceptions, such as birthdays and out of town family members, etc. We just ask that these exceptions be cleared in advance by an administrator, by calling the front office and speaking to a secretary.
- Peach Jar: Please make sure that you are receiving electronic flyers, as that is our sole source of communication this year in order to reduce cost associated with paper flyers. If you are not currently receiving them, visit their website and sign up manually. You can also opt out of certain types of flyers to lesson the number coming to your inbox. We suggest you at least accept school and PTO flyers so that you don't miss any important news.
Please check school website for additional dates, as they are subject to change
- July 30-August 1: One-stop student enrollment at Klein Cain (information) - 7/30-7/31 7:00-11:15 and 12:00-4:00; August 1st 12:00-8:00 p.m.)
- August 16: MEET THE TEACHER (10 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- August 20: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- August 31: Big Kahuna catalog fundraiser kicks off
- September 1: Labor Day holiday
- September 5: McDonald's Spirit Night
- September 17: Open House (K-2) - 6:00-7:30 - Begins with a parent meeting in the cafeteria
- September 18: Open House (3-5) - 6:00-7:30 - Begins with a parent meeting in the cafeteria
- September 19: Chick Fil-A Spirit Night