Onondaga Lake Park💙
By: Lauren 75 and Jada 69
Onondaga Lake Park includes the Salt Museum and a replica of the Jesuit mission called Sainte Marie among the Iroquois. This a picture of the lake. As you tell the lake is very dark blue and polluted. But the lake is a very pretty place to be.
- About 1 mile wide and 4 and 1 half miles long.
- A drainage basin (watershed) is about 233 square miles.
- Average depth 36 feet; maximum depth 65 feet.
- It flows north to Lake Ontario via the Seneca River
- Under the leadership of the Onadoga Lake Partnership, civic and government leaders are working with the public to develop a shared vision for the lake and how it should be used.