Weekly Updates from Madison High School - June 15, 2020
SDUSD Board Workshop on Reopening Schools, Today, 3:30 pm
Message from Superintendent Cindy Marten – Board Workshop – June 16th
This afternoon -- starting at 3:30pm -- you will have an opportunity to hear directly from the staff and Board Members who are planning for the fall. You can tune in to watch the meeting here. If you are not able to watch, we will be sharing information after the meeting with all our families and staff.
Congratulations Class of 2020
We are so proud of our Warhawks. Here is a link to our senior awards video and also a link to our Senior Celebration. We will update everyone as we learn more about the possibility of an in-person ceremony. We hope our seniors were able to download all their files from their student google accounts – including pictures from cap & gown pick up day!
Unfortunately, yearbooks have still not been delivered to Madison. We will update everyone as soon as our yearbooks arrive and we can schedule a date and time for pick up.
Semester 2 Final Grades
As final report cards will not be mailed home, grades may be viewed through PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- If the Parent Portal is not yet activated, parents have the option to view grades/marks through PowerSchool Student Portal.
If you need assistance with your student’s ID and Password, you can call the Family Technical Support Line Monday-Friday @ 619-732-1400 from 8:00am-5:00pm through July 31, 2020.
For Students Leaving SDUSD
- Seniors and other students leaving SDUSD might consider exporting their Google Drive files to a personal account so they maintain access to their documents after leaving the district.
- Instructions for how to use Google Takeout can be found here.
Summer Opportunity for Students
Order Your Yearbook Now
Warhawk Families: Madison's student led yearbook staff has worked hard, even during the closure, to create an amazing yearbook full of positive and emotional memories from 2019-20. The good news is, these amazing books are still available for purchase online for $85.00 at www. jostens.com. Our publisher has even creating a way students can have their books signed digitally to print and insert into the book. Books should arrive to campus in early June. We will contact families about how to pick up the book once SDUSD has developed a protocol. Dates for pick-up will be forthcoming.
Family Notices for the Week:
- Questions about the end-of-the year, summer school, preregistration for 2020-21, etc., please use the Warhawk Assistance link on Madison's website.
Students interested in employment should check the SDUSD job board; there are a variety of seasonal and part-time jobs.
- Work Permits are available electronically on the district website for essential businesses that are allowed to be open; check the website for steps to obtain a work permit.
- Additional EBT Benefits are available to families who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunches. These food benefits are called Pandemic EBT or P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits help families in California buy food when school is closed. Visit https://ca.p-ebt.org/en/info
Healthy Start Time Announced for 2020-21: Beginning this fall, James Madison High School will start at 8:45 AM. Our bell schedule and academic calendar reflecting modified days and school dismissal times will be sent home and posted on our website in the coming months.