Week of January 6- 10, 2014
Information and Reminders
- Our class is on the morning news show this week . Please check to see when your child will be on the news and make sure he/she arrives at school by 7:45.
- It's hard to believe but January 13th is the end of the second nine weeks. We will be half way through the school year.
- I hope everyone enjoyed time off during the break. I want to thank everyone for the kind gifts, and all the donations of treats and time volunteered for the first grade party.
- I am assessing the students during this week to determine if reading levels have changed. Your child's reading level will be listed on his/her report card.
Weekly Story : Let's Go To The Moon
-Identifying the main idea and details in a story
- reading words with long o and long u (rope, joke, tune, mule)
- reading words with suffixes -y, and -ful (dirty, helpful)
- reading and writing questions and using question words (who, what, where, when, why, how, etc.)
There will be a spelling and sight word test on Friday this week.
1. around 2. because 3. before 4. bring 5. carry 6. light
7. show 8. think 9. going 10. close 11. open 12. only
Mon. -practice sheet; spelling words
Tues. - practice sheet; spelling words
Thurs. - practice sheet; practice spelling test
Fri. - reading response journal is due