Patrick Marsh Middle School Band
Distance Learning Information (March 16, 2020)
The Plan For Band!
More important than online learning or practice minutes is your family's safety and health! Our thoughts are with each and every one of you during this challenging time. We want to support your children emotionally and musically. We have come up with a plan so keep reading!
How To Get Instruments and Supplies?
As you read in the letter from the PMMS Administrators, there are times for you to come get supplies from school. Please refer to the letter for all of the details, but here are the times again:
Last name, letter A - M
Tuesday, March 17 from 7:30am - 12:00pm
Wednesday, March 18 from 12:00 - 4pm
Last name, letter N - Z
Tuesday, March 17 from 12:00 - 4pm
Wednesday March 18 from 7:30am - 12:00pm
If you cannot make it into the building at these times, please contact student services at 608-834-7604 or email Kathy Cutts email@example.com to arrange a time to pick up your student’s materials. This is not a time to gather and meet one another. Please arrive at the building, check-in with your student’s teacher, visit your locker to collect ALL materials, and exit the building promptly.
How Will We Communicate?
Our distance learning will be coordinated through Google Classroom. Each day we will post some assignments for your band class. We will also be able to post ideas on the class stream in Google Classroom.
Virtual Office Hours (regular school days Mon-Fri)
Mr. Gleason: 10-Noon
Mrs. Haraldson: 9-11
Mrs. Gary & Mrs. Rush: 1-3
Ms. Zawada: 10-Noon
Student Expectations (Three Tiers)
- Check Google Classroom Every Day
- Share a photo based on the theme of the day on Google Classroom
- Practice Your Instrument Every Day
Tier Two (Encouraged)
- All of Tier 1 AND
- Record a sample of your practice using Smart Music so that we can provide feedback.
Tier Three (Optional)
- We will make a list of optional enrichment activities on Google Classroom day like writing a letter to an elderly person in a nursing home and turning it in so we can send it, listening to a professional musician, cleaning your instrument, composing a new piece, etc