all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
Week of January 11th 2016
Happy New Year!
My this year is going fast! Friday marks the end of the 2nd Quarter, so we're just about half way through the year.
As such, there are a couple of things we are running low on in terms of classroom supplies. We are in need of snacks and paper towels. Please, if you are able, send some in when you get a chance.
Thanks so much!
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- This week we will continue looking at text and pictures to gain insights in characters, settings, and problems/solutions
- Writing- This quarter we will begin to work on shared research projects to be able to produce all about books.
- Math- This week we will be working on subtraction strategies, particularly when needing to decompose hundreds and tens to find the difference. ex: 400-245
- FUNdations- This week we begin our new unit studying R-controlled vowel syllables. This is a one week unit and homework will be due Friday. This week we will be focusing on -ar and -or. New trick words different, answer, world
- Science- We our continuing our quarter long unit on Matter. We will experiment to gain an understanding of the properties of solids, liquids, and gases.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about the roles and responsibilities of Governments and Citizens.