Invent an Insect
- Show students the brace map on the chart paper.
- Read the directions to them.
- Students will create an original insect (one that does not exist) by creating each part from construction paper. The only restriction is that the insect must have all the parts of an insect that already exist (head, thorax, eyes, abdomen, mouth, antennae, and six legs).
- After they complete their insect, they'll glue it in the middle of the circle map and write characteristics of their new insect. Be creative.
- Take a picture and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Place on the designated table for your class.
- various colors of construction paper
- circle map
- colored pencils/markers