Top TEN News @ Weston
September 21, 2018
2. Immunization Notice - On September 27, 2018, any student not compliant with vaccines, per the state mandated guidelines, will be excluded from attending school until documentation of vaccine administration is provided to the school. The Hancock County Health Department is a valuable resource for vaccine administration. They will be open for walk-in vaccinations on GC's eLearning Day, September 26th, from 8:30-3:30pm. No appointments necessary. You can also contact your local healthcare provider or local pharmacies can also administer vaccines. Prior notification has been made to families if your student does not have vaccine documentation on file with the school.
3. Next week is College Go Week for Indiana. Our students and staff will be talking about college. Learn more at https://learnmoreindiana.org/ We will have two Spirit Days:
University “U” Tuesday (9/25/18)
You’ve heard about showing your “school spirit”, but how about showing your “future school spirit”? Today’s the day to wear your favorite t-shirt bearing a college logo OR wear college colors from your favorite university!
Finance your Future Thursday (9/27/18)
College I$ NOT cheap, unless you work hard enough to get a scholarship!
Wear all shades of green to show you understand that college I$ a financial commitment.
4. Our 2nd & 3rd Graders will be walking in the Riley Festival Parade of Flowers. This will take place on Friday, October the 5th at 12:30. Contact our office if you do NOT want your child to participate in this event.
5. School Dismissal Manager - On Monday, Sept. 24th you will receive an email from School Dismissal Manager with instructions for setting up your account and learning about this new program.
What We Need From You Next Week:
To ensure each child's safety after school, we need your help. As soon as possible next week, it is imperative that you log in to School Dismissal Manager and set your child's default dismissal arrangement. Remember, this is what your child will do most days after school. By setting the default, this allows us to know that you have made the necessary arrangement for your child. You will notice that each students arrangement is currently set for the arrangement that we had on file from August.You will need to change this to your child's correct default if it's not accurate. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS STEP BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST.
Watch this video to learn more https://www.schooldismissalmanager.com/video.asp
6. We again will be selling World’s Finest Chocolate to help raise money for the classrooms and school as a whole! The Kick Off will be on October 25th. More info to come :)
7. The official dates for our Grade Level Musicals can be found on our Weston School calendar. You can add this calendar to your device . . . . click here to learn how.
December 19- 3rd Grade
January 30- Kindergarten
March 6- 2nd Grade
April 10- 1st Grade
8. Greenfield Youth Basketball Sign Ups for Little Cougars. Paper copies are coming home with boys. See attached flyer and/or go to gcybb.siplay.com
9. Mrs. Miller, school social worker, will begin working with the kindergarten and first grade classrooms next week using the Second Step program. This once a week social-emotional learning program will help students learn Skills for Learning, Empathy, Emotion Management, and Problem Solving. Click here to learn more about this program. Second Step lessons either have or will be next week beginning in 2nd and 3rd grade. The lessons are more in-depth information about the same four topics
10. We EXCEEDED the challenge set by Mr. Davis for Imagination Library this week! We raised a total $796 this week!!!!! The goal was $365 ($1 for each student and staff member). Mr Davis will be Roller Skating in the cafe during one of our lunches next week :) Your donations will help ensure children ages 0-5 in Hancock County can receive FREE books!
eLearning Day Childcare
Open to ALL families.
eLearning Day RSVP
A paper copy was sent home on Monday the 17th.
Brag Tag for Imagination Library Donation
Flag Duty = 3rd Graders
Each 3rd grader will help raise and lower our American & Indiana flags for one week this year.
Backdraft Bowl-A-Thon Details
Backdraft Bowl-A-Thon Sponsors