LHR Monday Memo
February 15, 2016
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Mon, 2/15 - President's Day
Thur, 2/18 - Amanda Norris' Wedding Shower at IWE 3:45pm
Thur, 2/18 - Campus Leadership Team Meeting @ 11:30 (new date)
Thur, 2/18 - TELPAS Training with Kelly Trompler 4:00-5:00pm (only certain individuals)
Tue, 2/23 - Department Meetings @ Conference Periods
Tue, 2/23 - Fire Drill
- Check your mailbox for Colleague Appreciation Day information. We look forward to hearing about how you celebrate your colleagues this week.
- Remember that Lesson Plans should be entered by Monday mornings at 8:00am. Please make sure you are attaching copies of your handouts/documents to each day's plans as your electronic portfolio.
- Zumba classes start Tuesday, 2/16/16 and will be Tue/Thur from 4:00-4:30 in the LHR gym. Sign-ups will be Monday from 11:30-1:00 in the library. See email from Ruthann for complete details.
- 7th Grade Science students in Coach Rod's class did a great job creating edible plant or animal cells. What a fun way to extend their learning on this topic. Students were excited to show off their projects and share a tasty treat as well.
- We are excited to see how many of you are integrating technology into your lessons in an authentic way that gets students engaged and helps them be successful. We realize that access to more devices would benefit students and we are looking at ways to try to increase our technology resources.
- Coach Townsend's 8th grade Science students had a lot of fun learning about the phases of the moon. They've created 3-D models where their heads represent Earth, they've used lamps and inflatable globes to demonstrate the concept and they've even used Oreo cookies to illustrate the moon phases.