Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
October 12, 2015
Mrs. Muegge's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsMueggeTCE
Parent Teacher Conferences
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- October 5-October 21- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 22 & 23- Fall Break- NO SCHOOL
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 5- P.E.
- Tuesday- Day 6- Music
- Wednesday- Day 1- Art
- Thursday- Day 2- P.E.
- Friday- Day 3- Music
What's Happening in Mrs. Muegge's Class
- We are loving our small reading groups. Ask your child what book they are reading in their small group.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue to discover different types of conflicts characters can face.
- Students are currently working on a cumulative project to showcase their understanding of character conflict.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue to practice our multiplication and division strategies.
- Please continue to work on fact fluency by practicing math facts via XtraMath or flashcards
- We are almost done with Topic 1 & 5 Multiplication and Division.
- Look for information coming home soon on an assessment over these topics
- We will continue to review what a strong lead in a story looks like, adding details to a story, and making sure to have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Students are in the midst of writing "Ouch stories"
- While reviewing the skills of writing a small moment story the students will be learning to write to a prompt.
We have discussed what a scientist looks like and we agreed we ALL fit the description! So many wondering minds in our class! We are taking seeds through the scientific process and will keep a journal. We also have many hands on labs we will be learning from.
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
The 2015 Liger XC Mile will take place on Thursday, October 15th at Hamilton Southeastern HS!! This race/run/walk is for ALL K- 6th grade students in the Hamilton Southeastern School District. School team scores will be kept for intermediate and elementary competition.