First Day of School
August 3rd, 2022
Making Good Choices for the First Day of School
Getting ready Tuesday Night, instead of the morning.
1. Practice this week: Clothes, Backpacks, and Water Bottle
Prepare what you are going to wear for tomorrow. Clothes make and break any situation. Please have students try on their outfits and have them ready for the morning. We want students comfortable and “Dressed for Success”. We want them excited to start school! PTO will be selling “Bixby Spirit Shirts” on Tuesday August 8, 2023. BTSN begins at 5:00 p.m. and ends at 6:30 p.m. on August 16, 2023
2. A Good Night of Rest! Going to bed "On Time" Classes Start at 8:20 a.m.
· The most important rest that is needed is for the brain. Your thoughts are suspended when you sleep and you do not realize that thinking has made you tired. And more than anyone else, students need a good night’s rest of about 8 hours to replenish themselves fully.
3. Read Books about Going to School. Books are a great way to explore and learn. ...
Sounds Like School Spirit by Meg Fleming and Lucy Ruth Cummins
Little Ghoul Goes to School by Jef Czekaj
The Color Monster Goes to School by Anna Llenas I
If You Take a Mouse to School by Laura Numeroff
David Goes to School by David Shannon
4. Wake Up Early and have a Great breakfast
Start your morning off with a great morning routine.
Best Morning Routine for Students
Success in school and in life starts with a proper morning routine.
When you have a good morning routine, you can achieve more in the early morning than most people will in their entire day, even before they are out of bed!
5. Arrive to School Early!
We are excited to get students on campus to Explore, Learn, and Grow…. Please do not wait until 8:20 a.m. to drop them off. The cafeteria will be open at 7:30 a.m. providing students with a great breakfast. I would recommend coming up a with a morning “Drop Off” routine that is calming and enjoyable for students.